Fedcap Camp Director in Albany, New York
We are hiring in Colonie, NY! Join us at Easterseals NY- Camp Colonie for an exciting career as a Camp Director.
Mission: Easterseals New York's mission is to spread help, hope, and answers- http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/.
Easterseals is a standard-bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For 100 years, Easterseals has been an indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between -- Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Job Title: Camp Director
Location: Colonie, NY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: During the school year about 20 hrs/week. During the summer 40 hrs/week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure, through the recruitment, training and supervision of staff development and maintenance of physical facilities and equipment, implementation of operational procedures, the health, welfare and safety of everyone at Camp Hemlocks
- Develop, implement and evaluate recreational programs to maintain or improve the abilities of persons with disabilities.
- Engage in education and information activities leading toward and aimed at fostering public awareness of, and positive response to, the resident camping program.
- Provide the Executive Director and other administrative staff with the information and recommendations concerning camp in order to facilitate effective operations.
- Adhere to a Safety/Risk Management Program that includes assessment, evaluation, and establishment of procedures, incident review, workplace engineering, training and such other measures that ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Adhere to regulation set forth by NYS Department of Health and OPWDD pertaining to camp operations.
- Ensure student Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) are monitored by clinical and instructional staff.
- Maintain positive relationships with local school districts, parents, students and other partnerships that support camp operations.
- Report on utilization rates related to clinical services using the NYS RS-2 form.
- Collect and monitor clinical session notes.
- Collect and review progress reports from instructional staff, distribute to families and school districts.
- Ensure all necessary student paperwork is collected and maintained on file.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- BS degree in a field related to camping, rehabilitation or education
- NYS Students with Disabilities (SWD) Teacher Certification
- Minimum of five years of administrative or supervisory experience
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled