Guidehouse Cleared Data Engineer, Databricks - Senior Consultant in Albany, New York
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
Our consultants on the Advanced Analytics & Intelligent Automation team help clients maximize the value of their data and automate business processes. This high performing team works with clients to implement the full spectrum of data analytics and data science, from data engineering and querying, to data visualization and dashboarding, to predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence as well as robotic process automation (RPA). Our services enable our clients to define their information strategy, enable mission critical insights and data-driven decision making, reduce cost and complexity, increase trust, and improve operational effectiveness. Our consultants focus on client services, while also supporting business development, internal firm initiatives, and ongoing professional development.
· Serve as a data engineer providing data engineering services to support the mission of National Security clients.
· Belong to a collaborative team dedicated to Advanced Analytics and Intelligent Automation.
· Provide mentorship to team members.
· Work with cross-functional teams.
· Support business development and internal team initiatives.
· Continue career development in data science software, methods, and consulting.
· Secret or Top-Secret clearance.
· B.S./B.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational discipline.
· 2+ years of relevant data engineer / Databricks experience.
· Experience utilizing Databricks for data storage, analysis, and for creating data pipelines, such as establishing data connections to a data lake.
· Understanding of database, data warehouse, and data lake principles/concepts.
· Proficiency querying data using SQL.
· Experience developing and/or reviewing technical documentation and guides.
· Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences.
· Strong consulting skills: identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships, driving initiatives forward.
· M.S./M.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational discipline.
· 4+ years of relevant data engineer / Databricks experience.
· Databricks certification.
· Experience developing data visualizations/dashboards using Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik, and knowledge of Business Intelligence best practices; publishing, extract refreshing, user/group management, and permissions in Tableau server.
· Experience performing data science and predictive modeling using Python or R.
· Experience with Microsoft Azure, ServiceNow, Snowflake.
· Familiarity with automation solutions including SharePoint online, Power Automate, and UiPath.
· Experience supporting business development including RFP/RFQ/RFI responses and white papers.Experience/knowledge of the National Security sector.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona or Eastern, Pacific and Central time zones.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Guidehouse Jobs