EY Client Technology Experience Designer in Albany, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
• Guides the design of new digital user experiences and improvements to existing digital experiences, leading project results and serving as the key day-to-day client contact for design
• Draws from customer insights and business objectives to advise the design direction of digital products, owning the production of sophisticated wireframes and prototypes to improve the level of engagement and happiness that a user derives from the product
Your key responsibilities
• Supervises medium/large engagements of cross-functional teams, handling and reviewing project results, ensuring that the voice of the client is coordinated into the team’s delivery approach
• Manages and grows Digital reports including UX Designer and Visual Designer reports
• Generates and evaluates design concepts, assists with primary research and collaborates on research plans, demonstrating sophisticated technical knowledge
• May manage and grow direct reports by providing mentorship and advice and may take an active role in mentoring others within and across subject areas
• Designs and facilitates team and client workshops, project phase and client goals
• Anticipates future project demands, identifies potential business opportunities on existing projects and scopes, plans and supports new business efforts, actively contributing to the sales process
Skills and attributes for success
• Solid understanding of UX design: Wireframes, Information Architecture, Usability
• Maintains a deep understanding of Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite
• Demonstrates a depth of technical knowledge in field through internal and external projects
• Digital Accessibility Non-Functional Requirements:-
• Keyboard Access and Visual Focus: All content and functionality must be available through a keyboard. Keyboard focus should be visible and should follow a logical order through the page elements.
• Page Title and Language: The page title should adequately and briefly describe the content of the page and should be different from other pages on the website. Primary language of every page and language changes should be indicated.
• Headings: The page must have at least one heading. It should be marked up accurately as a heading and the heading hierarchy should be meaningful.
• Images: Every image should include alt in the markup. If an image conveys information useful, then it needs alternative text. If an image is just decorative, then it should have null alt (alt="").
• Contrast, Color, Appearance: The page should have a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal-size text. Color alone should not be used to convey information.
• Resizing, Magnification, Responsiveness: Users should be able to enlarge web content. The design should be responsive.
• Links, Buttons, Controls, Navigation, Skip Link: Links, buttons and controls should be recognizable and coded correctly. Clear and consistent navigation options should be provided. A skip link that allows users to skip to content should be available.
• Forms, Labels, Errors: Forms should be keyboard accessible. Form controls should have labels. Required fields and other instructions should be clearly indicated. Error handing should be clear and simple.
• Tables and Lists: Tables should have HTML markup that indicates header cells and data cells and defines their relationship. List elements should be used for list content.
• Multimedia (Audio and Video), Animation, Moving content: Captions/subtitles, transcript, and/or audio description should be provided appropriately for audio and video media. Keyboard access for media player controls, animations, carousels and other moving content should be available.
• Structure, Meaning, Reading Order, Global Code: Content should be well-structured to allow efficient navigation and processing. Mark-up should be used for headings, lists, tables, etc. to better structure content. Reading order should be reflected in the code order.
• Touch: Touch interactions should be supported. When phone is in scope, phone interactions should be supported.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognition Psychology, Cognitive Science, Informatics, Design, or related field preferred
• 7-10 years applied experience in user-centred design process for sophisticated products or services. Portfolio to demonstrate proven experience required.
• Significant UX design experience in a web and/or digital product environment
• Applied experience and working proficiency in at least one area of user research or discovery. Example proven experience includes usability testing (remote and in-person), survey design, ethnography, metrics, personas, and journey maps.
• Highly skilled in information architecture, task flows, mental models, and conceptual design
• Ability to translate conceptual design into low-fidelity UI wireframes and prototypes
• Highly skilled in applying UI best practices and standards
• Experience crafting and delivering innovative solutions for sophisticated systems and domains
• Familiarity with latest design tools such as Axure, Invision, and Sketch
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience with pattern libraries and design systems
• Familiarity with user experience metrics and analytics tools
• Enterprise product strategy and design
• Experience working with Agile product development process
• Experience in financial or related industries
What we look for
• A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion!
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs