DelMonte Hotel Group Cook/Bistro Supervisor in Albany, New York
Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Bistro Supervisor.
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you!
As a Bistro Supervisor, you will prepare and cook food to order requiring short preparation time.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Assist in the training of all Bistro staff, i.e. position training, brand training, food safety training.
• Assist in ensuring food quality, sanitation and proper food handling standards are being met.
• Assist in the set-up and closing of the kitchen area using the provided checklists.
• Prepare and serve Bistro and banquet fare per menu and presentation specifications using oven, stove, grill, microwave & Turbo Chef.
• Prepare "Market" fare per menu specifications.
• Maintain food safety through adherence of all food safety policies and sanitation standards.
• Wash dishes and serving utensils as needed.
• Maintain proper supply levels of china, glass and silver.
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of storage areas.
• Maintain the cleanliness of work area and food preparation equipment.
• Assist with maintaining food cost controls while maintaining quality.
• Assist in ensuring effective departmental communication through logs, daily stand up meetings and monthly department meetings.
• Perform various administrative tasks including maintain an accurate inventory of supplies, processing department payroll, maintaining logs, processing invoices and handling any accounting and purchasing functions
• Assist in implementation of Bistro seasonal menus.
• Maintain proper inventory levels by purchasing and receiving food, beverage and general supplies.
• Assist in checking all fixtures, equipment and conditions (lights, heating/cooling, appliances, furniture, wallpaper, etc.) for proper operation, settings and maintenance. Report deficiencies.
We are looking for a self-motivated Bistro Supervisor with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• 6 months to 1 year related experience in food service preparation role; Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Exceptional customer service skills
As a Bistro Supervisor with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
• Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
• Discounts on food and beverages
• Professional development and advancement opportunities