Under Armour, Inc. Field Experience Specialist (Baltimore) in Albany, New York
Field Experience Specialist (Baltimore)
Date: Jun 3, 2022
Location: Remote, US
Company: Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
In 2019, we launched our Field-X marketing program which places consumer-centric, passionate marketing specialists in key cities across the US. Each FieldX specialist acts as the quarterback for Under Armour Marketing in their city. This team represents our brand in its entirety to our consumers, brand partners, and retail partners. Each teammate we hire for this team exudes true passion for our brand, our customers, our athletes, and the products that fuel our brand.
The Field Experience (Field-X) team is a part of our larger Americas Marketing team and covers the Americas region of North America and Latam. This team is an extension of our internal partners as well as an extension of our customers back into corporate. A Field-X Specialist supports all channels and categories through the following three pillars:
• Product and Brand Education: Performing enhanced brand and product education sessions in-store, at gyms, at events, etc.
• Consumer Insights: Collecting consumer insights and identifying consumer patterns for our HQ partners, acting as a voice of the field and the consumer
• Activating the Community: Activating the community through meaningful, hyper-local partnerships and the execution of a multitude of Grassroots events
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• This role will be responsible for field marketing in our very own backyard of Baltimore
• In Market, this role will own Product/Brand Education planning, execution, and recaps in Under Armour Brand House & Factory House Stores, Wholesale and Specialty Retail Partners and as needed within the community (tournaments, camps, tradeshows, events, gyms, etc.)
• Leverage available resources and partners to ensure expertise in product knowledge and Under Armour Brand storytelling
• Will own executing customer intercept programs to support key seasonal initiatives and ad hoc category/channel requests in their market
• Will manage seasonal competitive patterning reports to identify strengths, opportunities, trends, and threats in their direct market
• Activate the experiential marketing plans to launch new products or align with current high priority products, including leading tech clinics, trying on events with consumers and sales associates, meetings with community marketing managers, and executing grassroots marketing activations
• Build credibility in the local active community and with assigned retailers to drive strength of partnership and consideration
• Build and execute local engagement initiatives to drive meaningful relationships that support the UA mission, vision, and values
• Develop relationships with hyper-local, brand-right influencers in the market to ladder back into the broader Regional MicroInfluencer & Product Seeding Strategy
• Act as an extension of our regional experiential team, inclusive of supporting a variety of sports marketing, category marketing, and channel marketing events on-site
• Develop and implement new ways of working and best practices for achieving annual goals
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and implement relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations
• Team Building and Leadership – Able to support and lead team projects, drive consistent planning and execution through others
• Collaboration: Influence others, effectively address challenges, and lead and motivate a team of peers to solutions
• Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment
• High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently; high level of curiosity and innovative thinking to differentiate our Brand
Education And / Or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent work-related experience
• Ability to work select weekends and evenings when necessary to support marketing events/initiatives
• Deep understanding of the retail environment, retail KPIs and customer experience
• Experience in event management and/or event execution capacity
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and often lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to travel extensively in the local area approximately 60-75% of the time (must have a personal mode of transportation)
• Ability to travel within North America for various events requiring field marketing support and expertise
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here .
Under Armour, Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc. Jobs