Guidehouse Financial Reporting Functional Analyst - Senior Consultant in Albany, New York
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
Our professionals support the client with their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modernization through program management, IT strategy, requirements gathering, business process transformation, and change management. In this role, the candidate will act as the reports lead and work with the FSM process leads as well as the client subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure all reporting needs are documented and tested for the future solution. The successful candidate will have proven experience supporting ERP system implementation projects and is expected to leverage a deep understanding of federal financial reports along with expertise in business intelligence (BI) reporting and provide exceptional consulting services from previous experience and industry ERP best practices. The candidate will communicate with staff and senior-level client management and requires self-motivated individuals that are willing to develop solutions on their own or in a team of highly skilled professionals.
• Serves as the primary point-of-contact between the program management office and the client for all reporting-related tasks, contributing to status reports and providing input to project dashboard reports• Document existing financial, procurement, and asset management reports and reporting pain points• Develop and maintain a FEMA reporting inventory to include statutory, regulatory, and priority operational • Document reporting requirements for the future financial, procurement, and asset management solution.• Collaborating with multiple teams to create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines• Contribute to identifying and managing potential risks and developing mitigation plans• Performing quality control, reviewing deliverables and adhering to project standards• Preparing, leading and facilitating project meetings• Reviews and seeks understanding of operational business procedures and methods specific to functional business areas by mapping current business processes, proposing best practices, and recommending potential solutions.• Serves as liaison between Subject Matter Experts (SME), process owners and System Integrator (SI) in gathering and translating functional and technical requirements.• Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis, process mapping or system implementation results that leads toward a corrective action.• Demonstrates creativity, foresight and judgment in anticipating and solving complex ERP solutions/problems and in developing methods, standards and processes for diverse business activities.• Works with technical resources to assist in the change management, testing and implementation of new deployment or revisions to the ERP solution.
• Maintains a current knowledge and demonstrates ability to articulate leading business issues and trends to utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution• Interact with senior level clients and multiple contractors supporting various IT implementation projects
• Holds a four-year degree from an accredited college or university • Experience of 3 or more years is required, experience in project management, functional architecture, and systems implementation for other large-scale IT transformation projects in the federal government
• US Citizenship required
• Experience with federal reporting • Experience with business intelligence (BI) software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, OBIA) • Exhibits IT implementation skills supporting all phases of a business solution delivery life cycle (i.e. planning through deployment) • Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including presentation skills) • Experience and comfort with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other Office Suite applications • Ability to prepare concise, accurate deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (strategies, plans, requirements, business process diagrams, analysis of alternatives, etc.) • Ability to quickly comprehend complexity and convey candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner • Ability to prioritize tasks in a client-driven environment
• Ability to develop strong team and client relationships • Client-facing experience in a consulting environment among entry level to mid-level • Experience with DHS or similar federal agencies preferred • Experience with system implementation methodologies (Waterfall and/or Agile) • Experience with SharePoint and Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow, etc.)
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona or Eastern, Pacific, and Central time zones.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Guidehouse Jobs