Public Consulting Group Human Services Consultant in Albany, New York
Public Consulting Group (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visithttp://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
We are looking for people who are eager to develop solutions that matter. This position will be situated in our Human Services Practice Area, whose mission is to assist states, municipalities, and providers in delivering services that empower people and communities to reach their full potential. We work across a wide array of programs and services, including economic assistance (SNAP, TANF), public health, workforce development, and housing. More generally, we help our customers address the social determinants of health. Project types may include analyzing programs and developing recommendations for improvement, business process design, and financial analyses.
The Consultant will perform a wide variety of tasks including collecting and analyzing data, creating reports and other written content, conducting interviews and focus groups, participating in and leading client meetings and providing project support. Additionally, the consultant will participate in project planning and coordination, project management, client deliverable development and production, program and fiscal analysis, and developing new business. An understanding of and familiarity with programs that support vulnerable populations is preferred but not essential.
- Provide assistance and thought leadership in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated workplans and deliverables.
- Conduct analysis of processes, operations, and IT systems in areas including public health, public assistance and benefits; veterans services; workforce and economic development.
- Assist with the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
- Lead clients through implementation and training processes.
- Support project implementations through informational briefings, trainings, communications management, and other post implementation support activities as needed.
- Actively participate in and lead client status meetings, including the preparation of relevant materials.
- Develop mastery of federal and state policy in areas of specialty and competency in relevant related areas
- Collect, enter, and analyze project related information and data.
- Research best/promising practices, including staying abreast of new and emergent trends as it relates to program delivery.
- Conduct presentations and oral briefings to clients.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and serve as a key contact for ongoing communications.
- Prepare materials for training seminars and workshops.
- Participate and lead proposal writing teams, including writing and coordinating submissions.
- Work with project managers to develop new business.
- Ensure project quality and compliance with all related regulations.
- Supervise and provide direction to PCG business analysts and project staff.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service.
- Ability to translate analyses to clear, concise visual and written forms.
- Ability to quickly recognize issues and identify solutions.
- Creative problem-solving ability, critical thinking skills and willingness to think outside the box.
- Ability to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply policy.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with various levels of management and clients.
- Ability to accomplish tasks and goals and move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze and manipulate large data sets with accurate results.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of perseverance through challenges.
- Experience and ability to supervise and mentor less experienced staff.
- Ability to work both in a team situation and autonomously.
- Ability to work with colleagues and clients in virtual videoconferencing settings, including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Availability to regularly conduct overnight travel to client sites is required, once the public health conditions allows it.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required, Master's degree preferred.
- Research and project management experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the fields of government, information technology, human services, workforce development, finance, or the consulting field.
- Knowledge or experience with state and local government programs and services that serve vulnerable populations preferred.
- Experience interacting directly with vulnerable populations preferred.
Applicants from across the US will be considered.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.