Lumen Intern - Business Process Analyst - Summer 2022 - Remote/Nationwide in Albany, New York
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Business Process Analyst in our North American Operations organization, the Intern will work collaboratively with our Strategy and Planning/Journey Design team in transformation and automation for our customers journey with Lumen. Tasks during the 10 weeks will include identifying and implementing process improvement as well as executing said improvement through metrics and scorecard reporting. The ideal intern will have technical skills with common languages in the industry. You will need a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and work in a team environment. You will be accountable for analyzing, defining, documenting, and owning current and future state Layer 4 processes and related roadmaps and process performance metrics
• Analyze, define, and own Layer 4 processes at the enterprise level, including the definition of process owners, metrics and roadmap of key gaps and improvement areas
• Provide functionality and process walk-throughs of current and future state processes
• Analyze and solve for basic to moderately complex functional and cross-functional dependencies. Creates Use Cases to model desired outcomes for systems and process to address based on applicable operational scenarios
• Establishes goals, baselines, and reports performance throughout the project lifecycle. Implements control plans to ensure the business is effectively monitoring solutions for sustained improvement and compliance
• Provide executive level leadership with project status reports, feedback, and analysis
• Conforms with enterprise standards by ensuring that processes are properly named and documented, and approved artifacts are used to ensure consistent approach, consumption, and application of best practices
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Education Requirements
o Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university- rising senior status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
o Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Data Science, Computer Science, MIS, Business Management, Process managements, industrial engineering, and other related fields.
• Proficiency and understanding of:
o Microsoft Suites
o Experience with SONET/ IP Based applications; Design, ASR, Activations and/or Technical background
o Experience in Telecommunications, Program Management, as a Process Architect; or similar experience
o Proven expertise with process or policy development and documentation
o Project management certification, customer journey mapping, or process engineering techniques are all a plus
o Online collaboration tool experience is a plus
• Professional Attributes
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Ability to be resourceful and adaptable independently and in a team environment
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Desire to work in team setting as well as independently
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to work remotely without issues
o Flexible and adapts well to change
• Work Setting
o Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Remote/Work from home
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
o Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
o US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 263737
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Lumen Jobs