Nelnet Intern - Software Engineer - Summer 2022 in Albany, New York
Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.
Here at Nelnet, you’re more than just an intern. You are welcomed into dynamic teams that recognize and appreciate your input and growth as an individual. We are looking for motivated students to partner with our technology with one of two goals: delivering technology that makes educational finance simple so borrowers can achieve their dreams, and supporting K-12 schools with the systems they need to serve students each day. Interns will be able to collaborate in an agile environment with seasoned professionals to learn the ins and outs of working in the technical field. You can look forward to strengthening your skills, beyond just your specific job responsibilities through engaging intern networking opportunities and mentors you will connect with each day. We want to help you kick off your career in tech, learn more below.
Software Engineer Interns will enhance and support our internal and external web-based applications. Specific responsibilities include the analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of these complex business systems. Interns will contribute meaningfully to a team that builds technology products.
This position will start in Summer 2022.
• Collaborate with technology experts
• Learn new technologies & languages relevant to the team
• Develop skills coding, testing, and evaluating technical tradeoffs
• Participate in standup meetings, sprints, and take on projects related to the team’s goal
• Attend intern professional, personal, and social development events
Pursuing degree in an technology-related field including software development, computer science, or other related major.
• General knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), computer information systems, and Agile approach.
• Knowledge of computers: preferably Microsoft packages and advancement in programming language learning.
• Previous experience in creating and deploying software (e.g. internship, class-based project, personal project, research opportunity, non-profit work, etc.)
• Experience solving complex problems and working through challenging requirements
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Motivated and excited by technical challenges
• Passionate about collaborating with teammates and customers
• Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and enjoys helping others
• Shares new ideas, is creative and passionate about innovation
• Detail oriented and cares about creating an exceptional user experience
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working in an agile development environment and understands on time/within-budget principles.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
- Nelnet Jobs