SUNY System Administration Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) in albany, New York
The State University of New York System Administration, located in Albany, New York, has two openings for Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) positions, assigned to work within the Application Services Center.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating daily workflow plan for permanent and temporary employees in the Data Capture and Verification, Assessment/Distribution, Document Tracking, EOP, and Customer Service Units. Assign work to staff and assure completion and necessary coverage for unit.
• Assists with applications throughout all stages of processing, including entering, verifying, and checking data that has been submitted via electronic and paper applications.
• Training permanent and temporary employees on how to enter/verify paper and electronic applications as well as process other documents received associated with student applications.
• Reviewing completed work to ensure accuracy before transmission of information to campuses and to identify need for additional training.
• Ensuring that the ASC system of internal controls and procedures for protecting personal information is followed.
• Communicating directly with applicants and counselors. Provide back-up support for the ASC main phone line. Respond to campus requests and investigating questions/issues raised by campuses and applicants.
• Cross-training on various other jobs in the Data Capture Unit; e.g. curriculum closings, updating the high school file, processing deferrals and EOP updates, revisions submitted via applications or by phone/email request.
• Opening incoming mail and reviewing documents for campus distribution.
• Keying and verifying school counselor forms as necessary during the processing year.
• Matching, scanning and uploading documents.
• Providing subordinates with specific instructions concerning the preparation of documents, processing of materials, and maintenance of records. Schedule lunch breaks, review timesheets and time off requests.
• Evaluating performance of staff and preparing performance evaluations.
• 1-2 permanent CSEA Office Assistant 1 Grade 6
• 1-4 temporary CSEA Office Assistant 1 Grade 6
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume team environment
• Ability to understand and interpret complex office procedures
• Ability to perform job functions with limited supervision
• Strong computer skills
• Overtime may be required during peak application processing season (fall/winter)
This is a permanent position in the competitive jurisdictional classification. To be eligible, candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title; or have permanent status as an Office Assistant 2 and be eligible for lateral transfer; or be eligible for transfer under Civil Service Law; or be eligible for reinstatement pursuant to Civil Service Rule 5.4.
Candidates should be aware that a preferred list, transfer list, placement roster and/or reemployment roster of laid off State employees may be certified against this vacancy by the Department of Civil Service.