Guidehouse Public Sector Financial Services | Project Manager - Consultant in Albany, New York
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
As a Project Manager on our Public Sector Financial Services team, you will support a portfolio of Technology and Innovation engagements for our client.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Interacting with federal client counterparts in an organized and knowledgeable manner, and building solid relationships with clients
· Aligning project portfolio with business strategies, target architecture, and budget
· Identifying improvement in processes for translating business strategy into technology decisions
· Identifying opportunities to improve PMO efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
· Providing effective management of risks and issues at the portfolio, program, and project levels
· Supporting process standardization
· Leveraging best practices currently employed in the private and public sectors to improve, sustain, and mature the PMO portfolio management functions
· Implementing best practices in portfolio management
· Keeping current in advances in tools and techniques to share with team members
· Acting in a consultative manner, proactively offering recommendations and value-added advice to achieve strategic objectives in the most effective and cost-efficient manner
· Structuring approaches to solving discrete problems, delivering clear requests for information, and demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks
· Conveying ideas clearly in an oral and written manner, both one-on-one and in small groups
· Developing high-quality reports and briefings in layman’s term quickly
· Minimum Years of Experience: 2+ years of experience working on projects in a large organization in both the public and private sectors, with special focus in managing and maturing PMOs
· Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
· Certification(s) Preferred: Industry standard project management certification(s) (PMP, CSM)
· Must be able to support requirements gathering sessions with clients, analyze and document system requirements, assist in the creation and maintenance of project documentation
· Experience relevant to work with government financial regulators
· Experience implementing and maturing PMOs
· Experience providing project management support to a software development program
· Experience interacting and working with operational groups across the organization
· Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Ability to assist client personnel and staff in short and long term planning efforts, team planning discussions, prioritization and assisting in daily standups
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire
Due to our contractual requirements, US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance are required of this role
This role is available virtually from PST, CST or EST time zones. Strong preference will be given to candidates local to Washington, DC.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Guidehouse Jobs