Callanan Industries Inc Quality Control Internships in Albany, New York
Job ID: 230985
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americasin 1985.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for Interns for our Quality Control Department at our stone and asphalt quarriesfor Spring/Summer 2021. Our paidinternship program provides a rich and rewarding hands on learning experience and the opportunity to make a contribution to our organization. Our interns work in their course of study under close direction of an experienced supervisor/manager.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and be skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Database software
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer
- Correct any deviations in these processed or materials from the requirements
- Follow quality control plans or guidelines as assigned
- Evaluate data for deviations or trends away from accepted standards
- Maintain test result database; input data
- Assist internal and external customers in any quality related matters
- Drug screen required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Ability to build partnerships and to work with others to meet shared objectives
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal & informal channels of development
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Qualified undergraduate student enrolled in one of the following degrees or related programs: Quality Control, Mechanical, Heavy Equipment Operations, Civil Engineering, Operations Management.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Group retirement 401(k) savings program
About CRH Americas
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity