SAIC Senior Data Engineer in Albany, New York
SAIC is seeking a seasoned Senior Data Engineer
SAIC seeks an experienced, results-oriented, mission-driven Data Engineer to perform data model design, data formatting, and ETL development optimized for efficient storage, access, and computation in support of Veterans Affairs. You’ll be part of agile teams responsible for increasing innovation capacity and driving the velocity of development of data ingestion and data analysis. You will synchronize efforts with other tasks in assembling data technologies to control the flow of data from source to value, with the goal of speeding up the process of deriving value and insight. The ideal candidate will have a passion for unlocking the secrets held by a dataset and solid understanding and experience with developing, automating, and enhancing all parts of the data pipeline to include ingestion, processing, storage, and exposing data for consumption.The data engineer also implements data tests for quality and also focuses on improving inefficient tooling and adopting new transformative technologies while maintain operational continuity.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
· Bachelors and 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer/Administrator or similar role
· Preference is a Bachelors and 13 years of experience or a Masters and 11 years of experience
· ITIL V3 Certified is a plus
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users
· Capable of working under pressure, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work overtime and weekends required on occasion
· Experience providing services to the federal government is preferred
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site. REQNUMBER: 2210183-US-United_States
- SAIC Jobs