EY Senior Manager - Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services (TARAS) in Albany, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, BOSTON, ATLANTA, WASHINGTON DC, PHILADELPHIA, CHICAGO, MINNEAPOLIS, DALLAS, HOUSTON, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES
The TARAS practice is an established practice that has been serving the complex and global tax reporting needs of companies for approximately ten years. We believe that by managing our clients’ tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
This team comprises our most highly specialized resources in the area of ASC 740, provision process and internal controls over the tax provision. As a member, you will work closely with our leaders to serve companies that need assistance with tax accounting for transactions or their on-going tax provision process. As you progress, you’ll become a trusted business advisor to your clients while helping organizations grow. You will also benefit from being mentored by nationally recognized tax professionals who include some of the firm’s most senior tax talent.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you’ll provide clients with tax guidance and consulting related to tax accounting and planning (internal restructurings, acquisitions, dispositions, carve-out financial statements, GAAP conversions from US GAAP to IFRS or IFRS to US GAAP, share based compensation, financial statement restatements and balance sheet remediation of tax accounts). You’ll also assist companies with all aspects of their preparation of the tax provision. In addition, you’ll also have the opportunity review of the tax provision process to improve efficiency and accuracy and enhance the control environment and assessing tax risk and control environments inclusive of and beyond the boundaries of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
Skills and attributes for success
• Tax Accounting Projects and Consulting
• Tax Provision Preparation/Review – assist companies with all aspects of their preparation of the tax provision
• Process and Controls Enhancement
• Key Risks Identification, Prioritization, Monitoring and Remediation
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax or legal experience; MST, MAcc, or JD/LLM preferred
• Valid US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or active state bar membership
• Minimum of 8 years of work experience in professional services, tax organization, law firm, or IRS
• Broad understanding and experience with federal income taxation
• Strong analytical skills, written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal; problemsolving ability and attention to detail
• Ability to travel 50%+ and work on out-of-town projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Strong ASC 740 and/or IAS 12 experience as well as experience in corporate tax planning and compliance; Relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry with a broad exposure to federal income taxation
What we look for
We seek candidates with strong tax and tax accounting knowledge, the ability to team with and motivate others, the skills to manage large engagements and build meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
• The salary range for this position in Denver is $108,300 - $210,200
• The salary range for this position in Stamford is $131,000 - $254,500
• The salary range for this position in Hartford is $113,900 - $221,200
• The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is $108,300 - $210,200
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs