EY Software Asset Management - Offering Development- Staff in Albany, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technology Consulting – Americas Managed Services – Software Asset Management – Offering Development
Rank : Staff/Senior
Role: SAM Offering Development
Team : SAM Service Delivery – US
Preferred Locations : Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Florida, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Seattle
EY’s Software and IT Asset Management (SAM/ITAM) team works with some of the world’s largest companies. Our work streams range from software license compliance work with major global software vendors, to helping EY clients on matters including improving their processes/governance policies and establishing future focused strategies around software consumption and cloud migration.
The SAM Senior Offering Development role plays an integral and wide-ranging role in the delivery of projects and programs across the SAM offering. This role will focus on delivering programs and projects in support of building, growing, and running the business. This role is responsible for working with various internal EY SAM offering and account teams at the global and local levels to understand needs, opportunities, and requests in order to assist in advising, prioritizing and ultimately delivering programs and projects in support of business initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
Build the business
• Supporting development of internal presentations (i.e., for sector/region all hands calls)
• Driving pipeline activities through follow up and idea-mining (i.e., recent news, new EY engagement SAM can enable or enhance)
• Supporting GTM collateral development – with particular focus on enhancing the SAM financial control story
• SAM Pursuit Playbook – create user-friendly playbook, enter engagements in Mercury, Independence and Risk Management activities
• Pipeline management – update excel pipeline sheet pursuit values
Grow the business
• Business development collateral (i.e., RFx responses)
• Client-specific solution building (proposal development stemming from client conversations)
• Client-specific cost optimization opportunities – update estimated value of opportunities, case studies, establish regular to update and maintain Americas and global opportunities
Run the business
• Client delivery results and outcomes tracking – quantifying the savings opportunities we drive for our clients
• Solution delivery – engage to learn more about SAM on the job, while supporting the client’s financial objectives related to their software portfolio
• Shadow cost optimization work – create client models for leading financial management practices, create finance-focus content
• Support cost optimization work – train to become onshore Financial SMR for ITAM Consulting
Skills and attributes for success
• Client-oriented, professional services mindset
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and take initiative/make decisions under pressure
• Ability to identify engagement issues/risks and the confidence to pursue solutions with ley internal or external stakeholders
• Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic environment where remote working is required
• Highly competent at interpreting data, analyzing problems and formulating solutions to present to leadership
To qualify for the role you must have
• 3-5 years’ experience in IT or project management/service delivery, operational/software asset management, software licensing or consulting
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with good attention to detail
• A passion for technology and continuous learning
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A bachelor's or master's degree in business, finance, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the software management industry and be part of building something that has never been done before. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a flexible vacation package plus observed holidays and paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• The autonomy to use a variety of skills to accomplish goals within a designated service line
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth, plus the opportunity to provide feedback and mold future leaders
• An excellent team of colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs