Public Consulting Group Sr Consultant - Unemployment Insurance in Albany, New York
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visithttp://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
- Serves as project manager and subject matter expert within the practice with a strong understanding Unemployment Insurance (including Pandemic Unemployment Assistance) policy, operations, claim adjudication, fraud detection, data and systems.
- Develops and executes new growth strategies.
- Identifies new sales opportunities and follow-up on sales leads.
- Understands and is an expert in complex federal and state regulations and requirements.
- Analyzes and interprets federal and state law and regulation.
- Reviews and is an expert in business operations for service and efficiency improvements.
- Independently manages complex projects, staff and tasks with limited supervision while meeting and exceeding performance expectations.
- Develops communication plan with clients.
- Identifies and elicits requirements from key stakeholders in each engagement.
- Facilitates client discussions.
- Identifies gaps and shortcomings, and determines necessary workarounds.
- Plans and monitors ongoing project tasks.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to team members.
- Assesses best practices and compliance errors and provide technical assistance to clients.
- Leads proposal writing teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
- Prepares other written reports and materials for clients.
- Manages daily project functions and client interaction.
- Strong communications skills that result in positive and productive client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and able to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret policy, legal briefs and regulations.
- Able to work independently and consistently achieve excellent results.
- Able to work effectively with all members of project teams.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to successfully identify new business opportunities and up-sell to existing customers.
- Strong knowledge of the Unemployment Insurance program, especially operations, claim adjudication, identify establishment and verification, data, and fraud detection.
- Extensive experience facilitating stakeholder meetings with various stakeholders; experience facilitating stakeholder meetings with contentious topics.
Bachelor degree or 10 years’ experience required, graduate degree preferred
5-10 years’ relevant work experience leading or managing Unemployment Insurance programs with progressively increasing level of leadership responsibility
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.