Under Armour, Inc. Sr. Planner, Wholesale (Remote) in Albany, New York
Sr. Planner, Wholesale (Remote)
Date: Aug 12, 2022
Location: Remote, US
Company: Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour needs a planning expert in the US wholesale business. The Sr. Planner will be given a rare opportunity to lead and be a part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire, and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a key role in leading the pre-season financial and inventory planning processes with the opportunity to immediately impact to the business.
This individual will work closely with our wholesale account partners, sales teams, and regional merchandising teams amongst others here at UA to drive and deliver results. In addition, this individual will be responsible for managing forecasts for certain categories which drive sales, margin, turn, and profitability for US wholesale.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop seasonal plans by analyzing historical data and current trends while identifying risks and opportunities. Reconcile plans from a tops down and bottoms up perspective.
• Partner with key cross-functional planning leaders to establish best-in-class planning practices and support the evolution of our planning tools.
• Provide quarterly season style-color forecasts in alignment with Integrated Planning Calendar.
• Analyze and react to financial, market, and customer trends and formulate appropriate strategies in partnership with the cross-functional team.
• Support an environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others as well as ongoing collaboration to execute business strategy.
• Establish, nurture, and utilize internal and external partners to drive the business.
• Partner with Merch and Sales team to create top-line targets
• Partner with sales team to create bottom-up plan
• Lead special projects and business opportunities on behalf of the Planning team
• Provide updated reporting to cross-functional partners on a bi-weekly and monthly basis
• Maintain a clean forecast to give visibility to supply chain partners
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Experience in the apparel and/or footwear industry highly preferred.
• Experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes. Excel skills are imperative.
• Demonstrated fluency in SAP tools including the ability to successfully mine data, create ad hoc reporting, analyze, and succinctly summarize to drive key business decisions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, utilize resources effectively and drive themselves and their team for results in a fast-paced, growth environment.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the problem-solving process and its application in addressing critical business issues.
• Established ability to build and maintain effective working relationships to drive collaboration, teamwork, and business results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor messages to all levels in the business.
• Demonstrated track record of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills to facilitate data analysis and critical problem-solving.
• Strong ability to communicate and build effective cross-functional relationships.
• Excellent leadership and partnership skills.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data.
• Strong presentation skills.
Education And / Or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Mathematics or other relevant fields.
• Minimum 3-5 years of merchandise planning or buying experience in a progressive & growth-focused retail organization.
• Strong excel and retail math skills.
• Proficiency in analyzing/interpreting large amounts of data and synthesizing it into effective and actionable insights.
• Ability to clearly and concisely identify and summarize complex problems or issues, identify, implement, and hindsight solutions.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver results within timelines.
• Strong business acumen specific to Revenue, Margin, Service & Inventory.
• Proven Planning expertise.
• Demonstrated effective project management skills and experience.
• Ability to build cross-functional relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action.
This position is fully remote.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here .
Under Armour, Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc. Jobs