Wolters Kluwer Sr. Product Marketing Specialist - Circulation in Albany, New York
Wolters Kluwer Health Medical Research is looking for an individual to drive revenue from print journal subscribers globally. This new role reports to the VP of Business Development and is responsible for revenue achievement while influencing matrix partners to reach the common goals.
This is a deeply analytical role focused on the successful achievement of $50M+ annual revenue goals and providing insight to the performance and effectiveness of efforts to retain institutional print journal subscriptions and to retain and grow print and digital journal subscriptions to individuals. This hands-on Manager is responsible for all planning, execution and analysis of the annual and seasonal journal circulation business strategy, as well as comprehensive customer and performance analytics. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams in Marketing, Product Strategy, Operations, Journal Publishing and Finance to ensure accurate forecasting and timely execution of annual plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for print and digital journals revenue goals and influence functional teams to support the goals
· On a monthly basis, report on print and digital circulation to provide complete picture of journals business
· Maximize the customer contact strategy to drive deeper engagement with current customers, manage attrition and churn, and, where appropriate, make efforts to grow revenue.
· Identify best sources to drive new customer acquisition in a profitable manner
· Propose new bundles that combine print journals and books with digital products
· Indirectly manage relationships with all external agents to optimize processes and retention
· Collaborate with global sales leadership to optimize retention of institutional print subscriptions in markets with high print circulation, such as Japan and India.
· Evaluate and direct remediation efforts targeted at cancelled subscribers
Education: BA or equivalent work experience in professional & scientific publishing area
• 5+ years leadership overseeing circulation related revenue and business processes or
driving non-circulation but similar revenue streams in a disciplined way
• Experience with broad strategies to drive new subscriptions, renewals etc.
• Proven leader in influencing other departments and teams (e.g. sales, product
management, Legal, operations, development, publishing, etc.) to support the
development and/or execution of the business initiatives
• Strong verbal and written communicator
• Experience managing and evaluating marketing and database analytics
• Financial acumen – experience developing and monitoring both revenue and cost budgets
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office tools; Business Intelligence tools experience a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
· Experience driving demand across a variety of segments
· Experience working within a global organization with distinct divisions and shared services
requiring both independent and collaborative work
· Experience with analytic techniques
· Ability to travel in US and globally – 15%
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Wolters Kluwer Jobs