Crown Castle Strategic Sourcing Intern in Albany, New York
Position Title: Strategic Sourcing Intern
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the worlds most revolutionary technologies. As the largest shared infrastructure provider in the United States, Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40, 000 cell towers, 80, 000 small cells and over 80, 000 route miles of fiber across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is a NYSE S& P 500 and Fortune 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $85 billion.
Summer internship position for a Business, Data Analytics or Supply Chain student to assist the Strategic Sourcing (Construction Services) team with various initiatives, focusing on adoption and maximum utilization of a critical cost savings program in our fiber construction category. You will learn about the construction of fiber optic carrying plant and various methods of construction as well as the underlying business model(s). Bring your imagination and a willingness to learn.
Essential Job Functions
- Build new and enhance existing (monthly) reports including data integrity, format and presentation.
- Develop exception reporting methodology to track programmatic compliance issues.
- Engage with various teams to identify program gaps and opportunities.
- Enrolled in a Business, Data Analytics or Supply Chain program from an accredited university.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors degree program. Second year of school completion is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use MS Office programs, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Capable of listening carefully and following directions
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred: Database, data mining, validation and visualization skills utilizing object oriented databases such as Oracle or JDE.
- Preferred: Experience with MS Power BI a plus.
Reports to: Category Manager III
Location/Working Conditions: Fully remote internship following current work from home policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity