EY Testing - Financial Services - Insurance, Life & Annuities- Manager - Consulting in Albany, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Financial Services Advisory– Insurance Industry
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Advisory Testing team works with some of the world’s best-known large domestic and global financial institutions, broker-dealers, foreign banking organizations, asset management firms and insurance companies who look to us to assist them with IT Quality Transformation & Application Test Delivery challenges.
You’ll be a part of a very collegiate environment that promotes diversity of opinions and helps in collaboration. Together, we will help our clients to drive transformational change the way the client delivers application testing services in its organization. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to provide exceptional application testing (now called Quality Engineering) subject matter expertise and solve complex problems that make a difference for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to solve complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influence clients and engagement teams on key decision makings.
Skills and attributes for success
• Working with clients to drive transformational change in the way they deliver application testing services in their organizations
• Experience in L+A Life and Annuities. Experience with unqork and EIS is desired
• Demonstrated leadership to successfully deliver management consulting and transformation efforts, leading multi-disciplinary teams including client team members.
• Define the test strategy, planning, implementing and quality assurance for large complex projects
• Team-up with business organizations to facilitate Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Coach team members with a goal of fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
• Share past experience, knowledge and develop tools and enablers to build new capabilities and upskill team members internally
• Develop client relationships across multiple levels and support sales efforts
• A personable, approachable, and inviting demeanor
• A “go-getter” attitude and a passion to constantly learn, improve and perform at the highest level
• A desire to teach and coach team members and colleagues
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or a related field and approximately 3 years of relevant work experience
• 10+ years of experience in QA consulting to L+A Insurance clients focused on operating model transformation, business process improvement, business capability uplift, etc. with deep knowledge of insurance products, services, channels, functions, and processes
• 3+ years of demonstrated ability to identify, shape and lead management consulting work in the Insurance industry, working collaboratively with client senior leaders and teams
• Previous application experience in any of these COTS products such as Unqork and EIS
The ideal candidate will bring a balance of,
• Experience with the following: MicroFocus UFT, Rational Tools, and Open Source Automation Tools (ex: Selenium, Cucumber, OpSoapUI, PostMan, RESTAssured, Mockito)
• With a Quality Engineering focus, follow and identify new age automation techniques to design and update existing test automation frameworks, as well as design and help build new test automation capabilities
• Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed service testing engagement
• Experience with implementing techniques such as Service Virtualization using CA, HP or IBM tools
• Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
• Experience building a Testing Center of excellence
• A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges
Nice to have…
• Knowledge of Life and Annuities a plus and we encourage qualified resources with Life and Annuities background to join us
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine interest to contribute to the growth of the Testing practice especially with Quality Engineering in mind. You can expect plenty of autonomy and variety in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to be nimble, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and prioritize participation in practice initiatives that will generate a long term pipeline of sales for the firm. If you’re serious about progressing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs