Ardent Mills Utility Sanitation in Albany, New York
As Utility Worker you will be responsible for the cleanliness of the facility. This includes sanitation tasks, minor repairs to spouting and equipment, along with various other housekeeping related tasks. To succeed, you must be able to:
- Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology, and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Be cooperative, follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Housekeeping, sanitation, and infestation control tasks as assigned
- Daily record keeping includes filling reports, inspections, and Master Sanitation Schedules
- Assist other plant personnel during normal and abnormal operating conditions
- Will be trained and must become qualified to fill positions in a relief capacity as needed
- Must be available for overtime, call ins, and shifts as needed
- Must be able to complete Repair Day tasks and other minor repairs as needed
- Will be trained and must become qualified on mobile equipment (lifts, bobcat, forktrucks)
- Other duties as Assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- The facility is not temperature controlled in most areas and will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Utilities work on all eight floors of the facility throughout the day making the stairs a required method of moving around the facility.