Vontier Vontier Business System Leader (VBSL) - Growth in Albany, New York
The VBSL – Growth, Fueling Solutions is responsible for the design, modification, and delivery of Vontier Business Systems (VBS) tools to drive the acceleration of our organic growth strategy. In this role you will support the transformation of how we bring new products and solutions to the market; accelerating our concept to cash cycle for new products to market and ensuring that we are able to realize the revenue aspirations of those projects commercially. You will work to promote and facilitate the successful implementation and execution of the Vontier Business System across Fueling Solutions by conducting sustainable continuous improvement events to support the organization’s top priorities. You will play a fundamental role in supporting product management, engineering, marketing, and sales by driving breakthroughs in key areas of Dream (Idea funnel and strategic roadmaps), Develop (New Product Development) and Deliver (New Product launch and commercialization). Manage the organizational culture of continuous improvement, developing the in-house skills and abilities across the organization that will ensure the Vontier Business System culture is our way of life and how we manage our daily activities.
Through leadership of this process, you will focus on reducing non-value-added items that free up resources to make investments that support our best customers with our best products. You will help us focus on what really matters and achieve its targets by working smarter not harder. Looking for candidates that are looking to have impact in the business, and an opportunity to accelerate your career.
· Focus on processes and value-added activities that shorten our concept to cash cycle as a business
· Lead and facilitate Kaizen events and develop team member’s skills in VBS Fundamentals and Growth tools such as Voice of Customer, Transformative Marketing, Digital Marketing, Sales Process (e.g., Funnel Management), Price Leakage, Digital Analytics, Agile Program Management, Project Prioritization processes, Visual Project Management, 80/20 principle, Speed Design reviews etc.
· Leverage VBS tool set to reduce the transactional and non-value-added processes that lengthen our product execution
· Manage the funnel of continuous improvement opportunities and ensure the organization is utilizing kaizen to achieve tangible business results as determined by the strategic and policy deployment plan.
· Work with Engineering & Commercial teams to install and drive good daily management and problem-solving processes to find root cause and address for driving and delivering growth plans and drive focus and bias on impact
· Achieve world class excellence in customer satisfaction beginning with the voice of customer, continuously improving quality, delivery, cost, and innovation
· Create VBS culture and accountability with individuals and teams. Ensure teams are leveraging the VBS tools in kaizen events and daily work. Providing expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate waste and improve processes.
· Assist in the development of the organizational Strategic and Policy Deployment Plans (Hoshin-Kanri), ensuring the effective deployment of these plans to the point of impact to achieve organizations goals.
· Develop immersion/on-boarding plans for new hires, tailored to their specific roles within the Commercial & Engineering functions, including the building of VBS Champions
· Maintain relationships with the VBS Corporate Office, ensuring the Fueling Solutions team remains current on all documentation, updates to VBS tools, VBS activities, and best practices.
· Facilitate training and other learning activities Knowledge expert and resource for: Kaizen event basics, Problem Solving Process (PSP), Experimentation, 5S, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Transactional Process Improvement (TPI), Daily Management, Voice of the Customer (VOC), and Experimentation
· Benchmark and communicate “Best Practices” within the Vontier Organization
· Continually seek new opportunities to improve processes
· Other responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s degree with a business or engineering degree preferred
Superior communication (written and verbal), meeting facilitation and presentation skills required.
Experience in effectively driving change required
Training assessment, development, delivery, and evaluation experience preferred.
Knowledge of and experience in the Toyota Production System, Vontier Business System or other Continuous Improvement System preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
Simsbury, CT is roughly equidistant from both New York City (around 90 miles SW) and Boston, Massachusetts (around 90 miles ENE). This town offers many outdoor activities, all four seasons and an exceptional school district.
Who we are:
At Veeder-Root, our purpose is to support the global fueling infrastructure by delivering the best solutions in automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems driven by innovation and break-through thinking. We are committed to delivering measurable value to our customers and to continually expand that value through improvements to our solutions and processes.
We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable.
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systems—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options.
"Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."
- Vontier Jobs