A&J Kirby Farms LLC Farmworker and Laborer in Albion, New York
10 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 7/1/2019-11/15/2019.
Apples: Workers will perform various tasks involved in planting, cultivating (including pruning and thinning), and harvesting fruits according to supervisor's instructions. Workers will till soil, plant stock, and do pruning activities using a variety of tools. Will aid in irrigation duties. Will aid in minor repair of wooden fruit containers. Workers will harvest fruit according to color, size, and degree of maturity as specified by supervisor and place into 3/4 bushel baskets taking the extra time, care, and effort not to bruise or scar the fruit. Most of these duties will be performed on up to 16' ladders.
* Workers must have three months verifiable experience pruning high density fresh fruit apple trees.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing and pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Drug screen post-hire at employers expense.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.