Indian Ladder Farms Farmworkers & Laborers in Altamont, New York
6 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 8/29/2019-11/15/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest apples, pears, corn squash, greens, tomatoes, pumpkins, and berries. Work includes, but is not limited to using hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying non restricted pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops.
Drive tractors or vehicles to transport materials, supplies and products. Make adjustments and minor repairs to machinery. Construct trellises, repair fences and participate in irrigation activities. Thin blossoms and immature fruit. Pick fruit and vegetables during harvest. Sorting, packing, and loading of fresh fruit and vegetables.
* Minimum of three months of verifiable experience necessary in the aforementioned.
* Employer will train
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Random drug tests at the expense of the employer (post-hire).
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL webiste at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.