Amherst SNF Cook - Full Time in Amherst, New York
Elderwood at Amherst, a Long Term Care (LTC) and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population, is seeking an experienced cook to join our dietary team Full Time. Experience inside of a healthcare facility is a plus!
Cook Position Overview:
* Meal times are highlights of daily life and excellent nutrition and appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve delicious, wholesome menus.
10:30am-6:30pm * This is a full time position, 5 days a week, including every other weekend
* Review menus and production sheets to determine food quantities needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet needs.
* Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
* Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
* Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the preparation, cooking and production line stages of food production.
* Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the general kitchen work area.
* Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and served at correct temperature.
* Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs.
Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous food preparation experience required.
Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities required.
Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient level of performance required.
Knowledge of food preparation and production process necessary.
Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health status suitable for service of food required.
Respect for residents privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
Elderwood at Amherst is a 92 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF). We offer comprehensive,personalized orthopedic,cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs,including physical,occupational and speech therapy. We also offer specialty programs that include Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-12364
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.