Daemen College Coordinator for Residence Life & Career Development in Amherst, New York
*Daemen College, a private doctoral institution located in Amherst, NY, a suburb of Buffalo, has an tentative opening for a new position: Coordinator of Residence Life and Career Services. As part of an increased effort to better meet the needs of a new generation of students, the Coordinator for Residence Life and Career Services is responsible for the overall community development within the residence halls while also working approximately 10-15 hours per week with the Career Services Office as a Career Advisor. The successful candidate *must have a minimum of an earned Master's Degree in Higher Education, Education, Student Affairs, or similar area. Additionally, they must have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to work well with various stakeholders in a professional manner. This is a live-on position with on-call and crisis response responsibilities.
*The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of student development for a multicultural, inclusive environment and diverse students' social needs. *Search will begin immediately and is open until filled, pending complete budget approval. Start date is flexible but anticipated for July 15, 2019.
TITLE: Coordinator for Residence Life & Career Development
REPORTS TO: Directors of Housing and Residence Life & Career Services (Collateral Assignment)
REQUIREMENTS: The Coordinator for Residence Life & Career Development (RLCD) must have a minimum of an earned Master's Degree in Higher Education, Education, Student Affairs, or similar area. The RLCD must have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to work well with various stakeholders in a professional manner. Additionally, the RLCD must be able to live on-campus and serve in an on-call rotation, responding to crises and student concerns.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Coordinator for Residence Life & Career Development is responsible for the overall community development within the Daemen College Residence Halls. The successful candidate will also have a collateral assignment (10-15 hrs/weekly) within the Career Services Office. Responsibilities include creating a positive living community amongst a first-year residence hall and upperclassmen community, supervising a student staff of 22 Resident Assistants (RAs), tracking programming efforts, and hearing Level 1 conduct cases (noise violations, guest policy, minor alcohol offenses). The Coordinator is part of the second level on-call structure and as such, participates in a weekly on-campus on-call rotation and handles crises as needed. The collateral assignment will include resume review and career coaching for students while supporting the programmatic initiatives of the Career Services Department.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt, professional and administrative position which includes College benefits and professional development opportunities. The successful candidate will receive a studio apartment within the first-year residence hall and meal plan while the Dining Hall is open during the academic year.
*SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Supervise a student staff of 22 RAs including conducting bi-weekly 1:1 meetings, conducting weekly staff meetings in collaboration with the Graduate Intern for Campus Village Apartments
- Supervise the Graduate Intern for Campus Village Apartments
- Assist with the facilitation of all major Residence Life processes including but not limited to: two-week RA Training in August, two-day RA training in January, Health & Safety Inspections, opening and closing of buildings for academic breaks, RA recruitment process, and RA evaluation process
- Oversee Summer Housing students and staff (between 10-12 students and 2-3 RAs)
- Serve in an on call rotation, responding to situations as needed
- Support RA hall programs on a monthly basis
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the Housing and Residence Life Office
- Adjudicate level 1 conduct cases including hearing, assigning sanctions and follow-up
- Participate and assist in Summer and on-going Orientation initiatives
- Ensure maintenance issues are filed in a timely manner
- Advise one sub-committee from the Resident Assistant Staff
- Provide one-on-one career advisement; and perform career assessments and debrief with students and alumni
- Maintain current knowledge of industry specific information on resume, cover letter, references and interviewing practices
- Perform mock interviews and provide feedback
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned
_Position is full time, salaried, exempt. _
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Job Start/End Date: 29-Apr-2019 to 28-Jun-2019 (EST)
Department: Student Affairs
Location: Amherst, NY, USA
Employment Type: Full Time