Amherst SNF Dietary Aide - Part Time in Amherst, New York
Elderwood at Amherst, a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population in Western New York, is seeking a part-time Dietary Aide to join our culinary team.
* Dietary team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing dietary support. This position is responsible for meal preparations for our residents in a variety of ways including preparing and serving meals, dish washing, preparing nourishments, stocking unit kitchenettes, working tray line, setting tables and preparing beverages for serving.
We can offer the the following shifts:
* Evening shift: 4:15pm - 7:30p
Remain aware of menu for day and diet needs of residents seated at assigned tables.
Serve meals to residents in Dining Rooms, making certain that resident receives foods to meet diet requirements, and that residents have everything in place for eating a meal.
Clear, clean and set tables for next meal.
Clear food and cleans serving area.
Prepare/pour beverages prior to meals.
Prepare cold foods for service prior to meals.
Assemble food for nourishments and deliver to nursing stations or unit kitchenettes.
Perform cleaning duties in kitchen and/or serving areas as scheduled and directed.
Assist in care and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
* Minimum of 16 years of age required; HS diploma or equivalent preferred
* Previous experience in dietary work preferred.
* High degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene required; health status suitable for service of food required.
* Sense of responsibility, and ability to work well with residents and other staff members required.
* Ability to follow oral and written orders and to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
* Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
* Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
* Ability to perform assigned tasks to a high degree of excellence and cleanliness required.
* Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is required.
Elderwood at Amherst is a 92 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF). We offer comprehensive,personalized orthopedic,cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs,including physical,occupational and speech therapy. We also offer specialty programs that include Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-12011
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.