Amherst SNF Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Part Time in Amherst, New York
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) that values working for an organization that is recognized for quality care* Consider Elderwood at Amherst as your premier employer. This skilled nursing facility (SNF) is Five-star Medicare Rated & and earns the title Best Nursing Homes for Short Stay Rehabilitation 2018-19.
Who is Elderwood*
* Elderwood at Amherst is a skilled nursing facility offering comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs, including physical, occupational and speech therapy. We also offer specialty programs that include Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Position Overview:
* Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are indispensable members of our interdisciplinary team and are charged with managing the daily clinical regimen of each resident and subacute patient. Our LPNs enjoy a unique opportunity to gain extensive clinical experience and provide advanced care in a home-like setting. State LPN license required.
* We offer days (6a-2p), evenings (2p-10p), and overnights (10p-6a). All shifts include every other weekend requirements. Shift availability will be discussed during pre-screen phone call.
* Individual scheduling needs for special circumstances (i.e. school schedules) may be considered.
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) Job Duties include:
* Pass medications and give skilled treatments to assigned residents.
* Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
* Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
* Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
* Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
* Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
* Maintain documentation regarding the care plans of residents in the Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
* Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
* Exhibit the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors.
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) Qualifications:
* Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with a current state license required.
* Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
* Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
* Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
* Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
Elderwood at Amherst is located at 4459 Bailey Avenue, Amherst, New York 14226.
Apply to this LPN position today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2019-9612
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.