Amherst SNF Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor in Amherst, New York
Elderwood at Amherst, a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population in Western New York, is seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. We are offer referral bonus money and opportunities for tuition assistance.
Elderwood at Amherst is part growing organization recognized for quality care. Most recent accoldate: Best Nursing Homes for Short Stay Rehabilitation 2018-19.
Who is Elderwood at Amherst*
* Elderwood at Amherst is a Long Term Care (LTC) and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population. We offer specialty programs that include Cardiac Telemetry Services, Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care. Seasons Memory Care is a specialized program for residents living with Alzheimer s, Dementia and other memory loss conditions.
* 7:00am-7:00pm (3 days per week)
* Every other weekend requirement
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Position Description:
* The Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the conduct of nursing educational programs, monitors the nursing staffing schedule for the facility; serving as Infection Control Nurse and performing the (RN) Nursing Supervisor functions.
* This is a full-time position, 3 days a week, 7am - 7pm, with an every other weekend requirement.
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Qualifications:
* Possession of a RN State license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
* Minimum of two year's (RN) nursing experience, and at least one year of experience in an RN leadership role; experience in geriatric nursing required.
* Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
* Ability to utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
* Ability required to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure high standards of care are maintained.
* Previous experience in nursing education and/or in-service training preferred.
* Ability to relate well to geriatric residents; respectful and caring attitude towards residents required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-10426
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.