University of Buffalo - Campus, Dining RESTAURANT SUPERVISORS - FOOD SERVICE/RESTAURANTS COLLEGE SETTING in Amherst, New York
Our primary purpose is to offer a variety of high quality, high value, and innovative dining options designed to fit the varied lifestyles and nutritional needs of the University community. Serving foods from local growers, striving to achieve sustainability, and expanding the availability of dining choices are ways that we enrich the dining experience. We challenge our experienced and knowledgeable employees daily to provide exemplary customer service.
Campus Dining & Shops is a multi-unit company employing over 1300 people. In addition to providing the University's dining services, CDS also serves the UB community through management of the UB Card Office, Campus Catering, Retail and Convenience Stores, and Vending.
In our day-to-day operations we rely on inherent core values: quality items, value prices, environmentally friendly settings, ethical treatment of all, and conducting all phases of our business with integrity.
Campus Dining & Shops operates one of the largest and most all-inclusive self-operated food service programs in the Northeast. Our dining program provides students, faculty, and staff with an array of dining options, ranging from self- serve buffet style programs in our residential dining centers to retail dining and the finest in catering. With over 35 locations, there is always delicious food nearby at UB. From popular national brands like Tim Hortons, Moe's Southwest Grill and Jamba Juice, to our very own Hubie's serving great wings, Campus Dining & Shops has something for everyone.
Responsible for the supervision and oversight of operational and administrative details of customer and culinary service in the dining unit.
Daily Supervision of Staff:
- Supervises student employees:
- Interviews, hires, trains, schedules and provides daily supervision of student and student manager staff including: coaching, counseling, and performance evaluation.
- Oversees the hiring and supervision of student employees.
- Conducts student manager meetings.
- Oversees student managers in the evaluation of student employees, ensuring the evaluations are completed correctly.
- Supervises full and part-time employees on a daily basis.
- Manages customer service. Interacts daily with customers and responds to customer needs and comments.
- Participates in and makes recommendations for hiring, training, supervising and scheduling staff including: coaching, counseling, performance evaluation. Recommends disciplinary actions.
- Provides coverage for other units as necessary.
- Maintains and updates student manager daily checklist.
- Maintains daily schedule of shift assignments.
- May perform any of the following responsibilities:
- Runs daily revenue reports.
- Performs cash and credit reconciliation procedures.
- Makes daily deposits.
- Oversees cash register operations, monies received, daily bank deposits, sales receipts, etc.
- Tracks and maintains inventory, i.e., tracks pars, logs monthly inventory.
- Opens and closes the operation.
- Additional duties as required or requested.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED, some post-high school education/training/certification in business, management or culinary arts preferred.
- 2 years experience in a restaurant or institutional food service setting.
- Work experience with unionized and student employees preferred.
- Work experience in higher education, and/or retail restaurants.
- Ability to lift/move 40 lbs.
- Good visual acuity for reading reports, computer work, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and twist.
- Ability to stand and or walk for prolonged periods of time – all day if necessary.
- Ability to move around campus as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, times of day, days of the week.
- Evidence of strong focus on customer service.
- Organized, able to multi-task, train employees, give direction/instruction and delegate basic tasks.
- Driver skills and Requirements
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass company driving test and background checks
- Typical Office: temperature changes by season, office equipment hazards, noise.
- Typical Kitchen: exposure to heat, flame, chemicals, knives.
Employment_offer is contingent on the completion of a satisfactory background check, completion of a satisfactory motor vehicle background check, satisfactory reference check, and successful completion of the company driving test. _
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, or domestic violence victim status
Full Time with Generous Benefits Package
Job Start/End Date: 16-Jul-2019 to 14-Sep-2019 (EST)
Location: Amherst, NY, USA
Pay Rate: DOE
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time