Bimbo Bakeries USA INC Seasonal Production Associate in Auburn, New York
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Seasonal Production Associate:
* Great starting pay rate: $14.13 per hour
* Scheduled raise in April & at 6 months of employment.
* Opportunity to get experience & potentially transition to Full-time permanent employment
* Paid training period
Seasonal Production Associate Position Summary:
This is a Seasonal Position - employment through 9/30/20 anticipated based off production needs, but not guaranteed.
Strong possibility to transition to full-time permanent position
The Seasonal Production Associate is an entry level seasonal role in our plant/bakery and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers.
Seasonal Production Associate Key Job Responsibilities:
* Ensures and maintains a safe environment compliant with all BBU, OSHA, and/or governmental policies and procedures
* Follows and enforces Food Safety & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the SQF certification system, and other 3rd party audits
* Performs various duties including, but not limited to; safe operation of machinery (mixer, oven, pan setter/stacker, trayer, etc), packaging products, mixing ingredients, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
* Acts with a Continuous Improvement mindset and focus on improving efficiencies and decreasing waste
* Additional responsibilities & duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring for:
* Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
* Shift Start Time: Afternoon and/or Overnight shifts
* Overtime may be needed
* Seasonal - anticipated 1/1/20 - 9/30/20, but not guaranteed.
Seasonal Production Associate Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED is preferred
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
* Prior experience or training in manufacturing or supply-chain environment is preferred
* Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
* Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed
* A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
* Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry pans, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Internal Job Title: Baker's Helper, Wrapper Operator, Mixer, Stacker, Oven Operator, Bagger Operator, Jobber, Production Trainee, etc.
Keywords: Production Associate, Machine Operator, General Labor, Production Labor, Manufacturing Associate, Production Technician, Production Worker, Manufacturing Associate, Manufacturing Worker, Line Operator, Line Worker, Production Employee, Packaging Operator
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.