Quaker Chemical Operator I in Batavia, New York
The Grease Kettle Operator will perform all tasks involved in the manufacturing process of Summit Lubricant’s products. This includes careful weighing of raw materials and following methodical procedures. Must practice safe work habits to ensure manufacturing is as efficient and safe as possible.
• Reads and follows written manufacturing procedures.
• Weighs raw materials and add instructed amounts into kettle.
• Accurately records data on production batch sheets.
• Operates pumps, mills, flow meters and process control instruments related to tanks, kettles, and other blending vessels.
• Follows through with verbal instruction.
• Notifies manager of any mechanical or material issues.
• Able to wear personnel protective equipment and handle chemicals in a safe manner.
• Able to do simple math calculations including conversion of units of measure.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
• Advanced education or skilled training preferred. Prior experience in chemical mixing and production a plus.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English.
• Requires strong basic math skills and understand the general concepts of the manufacturing processes. Good observation skills and attention to detail. • Must be able to work as part of a team. Must have flexible work schedule with varying start and stop times.
• Past experience with food safety management systems is a plus.
• Candidate must be comfortable working in a factory environment which could involve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. The environment in the factory can reach extreme heat in the summer.
Summit Lubricants has earned a reputation as a premier quality wholesale lubricant and grease manufacturer. As an ISO 9001 and ISO organization, the keys to our success have been the ability to solve difficult, demanding application requirements and our commitment to the highest quality products and service. We offer progressive career path and highly competitive salary and benefits package- including- health, dental, vision, 401(k), education reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan, EAP program, employee wellness, generous PTO and holidays, personal days and access to employee training and development resources.