Quaker Chemical Packager I in Batavia, New York
The Packager I will perform all tasks involved in the production of Summit Lubricant’s products. This includes filling, packaging and palletizing grease according to written specifications. All associates must follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
· Reads fill sheets and performs work as assigned by production supervisor.
· Sets up filling equipment, scales, and containers at various production points.
· Labels or stencils containers as specified.
· Operates valves and other controls on production equipment.
· Follows through with customer specifications on fill sheets, filling finished product into various packaging units.
· Loading and off-loading of box trucks and tankers.
· Notifies supervisor of any safety, mechanical or product quality related issues.
· Maintains a clean and safe work area.
· Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
· All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
· Willing and able to work overtime when required, including weekends.
· Equipment and machinery used includes; valves, scales, fork lifts, steel and plastic containers, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of Summit Lubricants products.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
· Advanced education or skilled training preferred. Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English.
· Requires strong basic math skills. Must be able to work as part of a team.
· Candidate must be comfortable working in a factory environment which could involve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. Must be able to lift 50 pound containers and palletize 400 pound drums. The environment in the factory can reach extreme heat in the summer.
Company Overview: Summit Lubricants has earned a reputation as a premier quality wholesale lubricant and grease manufacturer. As an ISO 9001 and ISO organization, the keys to our success have been the ability to solve difficult, demanding application requirements and our commitment to the highest quality products and service. We offer progressive career path and highly competitive salary and benefits package- including- health, dental, vision, 401(k), education reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan, EAP program, employee wellness, generous PTO and holidays, personal days and access to employee training and development resources.