Modern Disposal Services Fleet Maintenance Laborer in Blasdell, New York
The Maintenance Laborer will be responsible for providing general labor at our Blasdell facility. The laborer will perform general labor tasks for the facility which can include general facility clean up, minor repairs and other duties. This position is very physical and requires frequent lifting, bending, and walking.
- Maintain fuel island cleanliness; empty trash totes, clean fuel spills, remove debris
- Empty cigarette receptacles in front and rear of main building
- Maintain windshield washer buckets in yard
- Empty totes in yard
- Work with drivers that need to shovel behind the blade (DO NOT CLIMB IN TRUCK BODY), provide empty totes at the designated location for drivers to shovel into, wheel the totes to the opening of the body while driver shovels out, swap as necessary
- Maintain fence line inside and out to keep clear from trash/weeds/debris
- Work with technicians that may need assistance periodically in the truck shop
- Maintain spill trailer inventory
- Clear snow and salt all walkways around prior to the start of operating hours, including Academy trailer, main building, Graphics shop, and fuel island
- Start CNG trucks 15 minutes before their shift, check oil, check coolant, and remove block heater cord and put in truck
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
**Education and Experience**
- No experience required
- Experience performing general labor tasks, especially where with heavy lifting is required is preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs consistently, up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Position is exposed to all elements- role is outside a majority of the time
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
Modern Corporationprovides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.