WATTS Project Management Summer Intern in Blauvelt, New York
This is a summer internship for a college student. The role will last approximately 12 weeks over the summer at our Blauvelt, NY facility.
The focus of this position is to assist the PMO department by planning and tracking the introduction of new processes, and the planning and documentation of the training for employees on those processes. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the Watts Water Technologies organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Facilitate and execute administrative duties involved in typical operation of the PMO department.
· Follow HHWS document control process to facilitate the release new PMO documentation.
· Facilitate Initial Release of Process Documents into WATTS HQMS Application.
· Research relevant training opportunities for employees.
· Coordinate Training of Employees on New Processes and Documents.
· Document Training Plan and Completed Training in the HQMS Application.
· Evaluate Project budget tracking Method and Collaborate with Finance Team on Improvements.
· Assist in Continuous Improvement of AGILE SCRUM and JIRA Software for Smart & Connected Team.
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, or Engineering; junior or senior level courses
Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
This position has no direct reports
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship now or in the future
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Experience in MS Visio and MS Project a plus.
· Strong attention to detail
· Interested in learning about Watts Water Technologies
· Very task-oriented
· Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
Watts Water is a global leader of quality water solutions for residential, industrial, municipal, and commercial settings. Our family of brands (https://www.watts.com/our-story/brands) offers some of the most varied product lines in the world, with world-class, water-related solutions focused on:
Drainage and Water Reuse
HVAC and Hot Water
Plumbing and Flow Control
Water Quality and Rainwater Harvesting
We are a $1.9 billion global company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with a presence in five (5) continents and twenty-four (24) countries, and an employee population that speaks over eighteen (18) languages. As a people-first company, we prize enriching and caring for all who work here not only through words but through actions. This includes executing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy, and providing our employees with meaningful career growth opportunities, a positive and safe work environment, and affirmation that they are heard, valued, and respected.We are proud to be an organization that believes that a safer world is a more sustainable world – a belief that we proudly reflect in each of our technologies and solutions and our environmental and social commitments, such as our partnership with Planet Water Foundation.
Learn more about the Watts way, here (https://www.watts.com/our-story/brands) .
Plumbing, HVAC, Water Quality, and Gas
Americas & Corporate Headquarters: North Andover, Massachusetts, USA
Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa (APMEA) Headquarters: Shanghai, China
About 5,000 employees