Materion Facilities Maintenance Technician - 1st/2nd Shift in Brewster, New York
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website athttp://materion.com/About_ and check out our video“Materion Is”along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion._
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Facilities and EHS Manager, the Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs manufacturing equipment and facility systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes the assigned preventative maintenance tasks
- Uses the preventative maintenance database and assists in creating PMs for additional facility systems
- Performs maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and facility systems, to include CNC machines, manual machine shop equipment, emergency generators, cooling water systems, and vacuum systems
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis
- Selects and specifies materials and parts for repair, maintenance, and improvement of systems/machines
- Monitors operation of the systems/machines to locate and remedy problems promptly
- Prepares and submits periodic reports to management
- Completes tasks in a safe manner and in accordance with safety standards
- Diagnose, tear down, and repair minor problems or equipment on plant systems
- Works from drawings, plans or sketches, fabricate equipment, fixtures, devices, etc. as required
- Utilize test equipment, instruments, measuring devices and controls, hand and power tools, and material handling equipment
- Performs grounds/facilities maintenance including snow removal, plumbing, office repairs
- Maintains workflow of maintenance work requests through SAP maintenance module and performs data entry into the SAP software system
- Tracks progress of work orders, work to close work requests in a timely manner
- Develops specification and quotes parts needed for maintenance repairs
- Maintains a clean work area
- Operates lifting devices as trained by Materion Safety
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of three (3) years field experience in working on electro-mechanical systems. High vacuum systems experience a plus
- Computer literacy, with database experience. SAP experience a plus
- State electrical license preferred but not required
- Good oral and written skills to prepare and deliver reports to management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Understanding of brakes and clutches
- Understanding of working with plumbing, plastic, copper and black iron
- Machining skills to include lathe, milling, hand tools, and grinders
- Ability to perform minor carpentry
- Ability to perform stick, mig, and tig welding
- Computer skills including using Excel and Word
- Ability to work with a team with a organized and methodical approach
- Personal protective equipment: Requires the use of safety glasses and safety shoes. Other specialized protective gear may be required occasionally.
- This position is assigned for 1st/2nd shift
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- The employee is required to work in a manufacturing setting that may be cold or hot depending on the season
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit, walk, stand, stoop, or crouch
- The employee may lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to high
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position assigned to an eight hour shift, whether it be first, second, or third.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, reports, manuals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and client documents
- Ability to write reports, prepare business correspondence/memos, and procedure/documentation manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff, clients, vendors, and the general public in written or verbal format
No travel is expected for this position
In compliance with federal law, only U.S. citizens or aliens who have a legal right to work in the U.S. will be considered for this position. Candidates must present evidence upon hire of U.S. citizenship or legal right to work in the U.S.
Materion Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are, and will be, recruited, selected and hired, and employment decisions are and will be made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, creed, and/or veteran status and/or any other protected class. This policy applies to new hiring, promotions, and all personnel actions within the Company.
Job ID: 2019-3001
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-NY-Brewster
Business Unit: Advanced Materials Group
Relocation Provided: No
Category: Operations - Operations