SUNY Maritime College Camp Aquatics & Activities Coordinator - SUNY Maritime College in Bronx, New York
**SUNY Maritime College**
**Location:** Bronx, NY **Category:** Administrative & Professional **Posted On:** Tue Dec 28 2021 **Job Description:**
SUNY Maritime College, located in Throggs Neck (Bronx), New York, is looking for an outgoing, responsible individual to establish and maintain a safe environment for pool and waterfront games and aquatics activities.
- Help ensure a safe, fun learning environment
- Oversee all swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding activities at the pool and waterfront
- Coordinate and lead field games, swimming, paddle boarding and kayaking activities for campers
- Perform duties as a lifeguard and water safety instructor, as needed
- Evaluate and adjust curriculum and activities, as needed
- Be a mentor and role model for camp staff
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with certification and training
- Prepare, maintain and properly clean and stow all equipment
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Waterfront Staff
- Fun-loving, team player, positive, can-do attitude
- Passion for and experience with working with children
- Must meet the physical/medical standards specified in the special notes section of Article 48:17 (c) of the New York City Department of Health code: All staff, including volunteers and kitchen and maintenance staff, must have had a medical examination dated within 2 years of working with the camp, indicating that they are physically able to perform their camp duties. The Department may require testing for tuberculosis at any time of any staff or volunteer when such testing is deemed necessary for epidemiological investigation.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Experience in a camp setting
- Teacher Certification
- Lifeguard Certification
- Sailing, powerboating and paddling experience
- $800.00 - $1,200.00 / week; lunch included
- Possible dorm room housing available
- 1 - week Training & Orientation, June 20 - 24; followed by three 2 - weeks camp sessions, June 27- August 5, and two cleanup days August 8 & 9; generally 8:30am - 5:30pm, with additional hours, as scheduled
- It will be required to work one Saturday, date TBD, at "Boogie Down at the Sound" event.
**NOTE:** We are continuously monitoring ongoing developments with the novel Coronavirus COVID-19. Updates regarding Waterfront Summer Camp 2022 will be communicated as information becomes available. COVID-19 protocols are, and will be both adhered to and enforced. Please note that Program is contingent upon favorable governing pandemic procedures and guidance.
**Budget Title:** Technical Specialist (CSL)
**Local Title:** Camp Aquatics & Activities Coordinator
For those desiring additional information, please contact the Waterfront at
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see:
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
SUNY Maritime is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning and working environment.
Pursuant to [Executive Order 161](https://www.goer.ny.gov/exec-161/exec-161-law.cfm), no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at
. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at [www.sunymaritime.edu](http://www.sunymaritime.edu)