Leake and Watts Services Early Childhood (Preschool) Special Education Teacher - Brownell in Bronx, New York
Rising Ground is a leading social service agency dedicated to supporting children, adults and families. Working together, we create strong foundations for success. Our agency currently serves more than 11,000 individuals and their family members through 43 programs at 27 locations throughout the New York City area. In our Head Start, Early Head Start, Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Child Care programs, teachers and staff provide the guidance, stability and assistance that young children need to thrive, striving to inspire a love of learning. From play to structured lessons, our work with young children encourages them to actively question, explore and experiment while gaining a solid foundation for future success in and out of the classroom.
• Prepare and implement lesson plans.
• Supervise the teacher aid/ assistant.
• Provide an atmosphere conductive to learning.
• Conduct on- going classroom based functional assessments.
• Prepare written educational progress reports, as required.
• Participate in development of individual education plans.
• Maintain classroom records and equipment.
• Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
• Confer with other staff, as required.
• Plan/work collaboratively with staff and parents.
Full-time, school calendar + summer programming
NYS certified special education teacher - Students with Disabilities (Birth Grade 2)
Masters Degree in special education
Two years early childhood special education teaching experience preferred
Job ID: 2021-1974
External Company Name: Rising Ground, Inc
External Company URL: https://careers-risingground.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=-435649342
Street: 450 Castle Hill Avenue
Post End Date: 6/30/2022