Graham Windham Group Leader, Summer Day Camp in Bronx, New York
Group Leader, Summer Day Camp
Seeking candidates who are passionate about helping youth & have specific skill or energy for a particular activity to join our growing team!
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families and communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting and enriching work experience.
About the Program
Group leaders work in Graham Windham’s after school programs and summer camp. They supervise children during a variety of academic, recreational, cultural and youth development activities. They create a safe, wholesome environment and help produce well-rounded children who are equipped to handle long-term challenges.
Our afterschool programs and summer camps are located in Cornerstone and Beacon community centers. These centers provide engaging and structured activities to youth and families during after school hours, evenings, weekends, school breaks and summer recesses
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Lead activities such as academic enrichment, small group tutoring, art projects, interactive literacy, math and stem activities.
• Create a safe learning environment for participants.
• Maintain accurate student attendance reports and portfolio evaluations.
• Attend staff meetings and/or staff development activities.
• Lead and supervise your group of students whilst on summer camp trips.
• Participate in Graham Windham’s organizational activities when appropriate.
• At least a High School Diploma. College Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with groups of children, young adults, is required.
• At least 18 years of age and possess at least a high school Diploma.
• This position is a summer position and you must be available from 7/1/ 17- 8/24/17 and be available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pmMonday to Friday.
• Documentation regarding education is a requirement.
• Three letters of recommendation.
• The individual must be Department of Health Department fingerprinted and cleared prior to employment.
• State Central Registry Clearance documentation may be required.
• Full application completion must be received along all documentation requested.
• Responsible for serving as role models for program participants.
• This position requires a well-organized individual who will be able to complete interesting and innovative lesson plans andimplement those plans accordingly.
• The position requires and individual to create, produce and maintain required documentation.
• The individual must posse’s quality communication skills that reflect active listening.
• Being able to empathize with participants and plan appropriate interventions with staff and supervisor is paramount.
Various positions available for Summer 2021, including Summer Seasonal and Summer Part-Time.
Harlem, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx