Jewish Community Center Part-time Afterschool Counselor in Bronx, New York
An After School Counselor assists with the implementation of the after school program. The after school staff member is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean after school program site, ensures a high level of program quality and works to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The after school counselor's work days will follow the public school calendar (unless otherwise noted). Counselors will be expected to be available Monday-Friday, from 2:00-6:00 PM. After school staff may be stationed at the Riverdale Y.
- Picks children up at one of the designated schools and safely transport them to the Riverdale Y on provided bus
- Accompanies a group of children to their designated enrichment classes
- Assists enrichment teachers in class by interacting in play
- Assists certified homework teachers
- Adheres to schedules in a punctual manner
Ideal opportunity for college/grad student studying early childhood education.
- High School diploma
- Availability to be part of training program
The Riverdale Y is a 75,000 sq. ft. Jewish Community Center that provides educational, recreational, cultural, and wellness programs for children and adults of all ages and backgrounds. The Y features an early childhood center; summer camps; large after school program; senior center; performing arts center featuring theater, dance and music schools; and a health & wellness center that includes cardio and free weight studios, group exercise classes, gymnasium, swimming pool, steam room, sauna and massage therapy.
Date Posted: 02/08/2021
Title: Part-time Afterschool Counselor
JCC: Riverdale YM-YWHA
Location: Bronx, NY