Albert Einstein College of Medicine Program Administrator in Bronx, New York
**Albert Einstein College of Medicine**
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
**Job ID** 2021-14107
**Campus** Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
**Posting Date** 2022-01-06
**Employee Classification** Exempt
**Department** Office of Medical Education
**Position Type** Regular Full-Time
- Be available as the primary resource for track leaders, mentors, and students with questions or concerns regarding the Impact Course and/or the Program for Medical Student Research;
- Maintain an updated mentor database with contact information, project options, prior student projects with the mentor, faculty status, and any required faculty development/mentor training obligations.
- Assist medical students in identifying potential mentors and in identifying a track (area of concentration) and funding opportunities, as needed.
- Distribute and ensure timely completion of mentor-mentee compact.
- Plan annual events that support and/or spotlight student projects. This includes but is not limited to student and potential mentor meet and greets , scholarly W orks - in - P rogress, track fairs, etc.;
- Organize, attend , and contribute to I mpact C ourse and P rogram for M edical S tudent research meetings, as requested by the directors, including organizing meeting minutes and agenda items.
- Maintain a historical database of student mentor pairings and projects.
- Work with students to ensure access to data sources used frequently by students. This includes but is not limited to EPIC, CITI, etc.
- Work with course leadership and the assessment, evaluation, and quality improvement team to collect and organize assessments of students for formative and summative purposes ; maintain these confidential student academic records for use by course leadership;
- Work with program and course leadership to maintain records of expenditures and ensure adherence to related budgets;
- Review and evaluate all student conference travel funding applications. Approve those that meet pre-specified criteria and assist students with reimbursement for appropriate expenses.
- Monitor student completion of required scholarly product graduation requirements. Provide regular reminders to students of important deadlines. Notify directors of students who have missed deadlines.
- Organize and update the Impact C ourse - on Einstein's LMS , currently Canvas.
- Work with the faculty development office to organize course-specific faculty development/mentor training activities ;
- Work with appropriate Einstein offices to organize and update the course and program websites;
- Other duties as assigned by the director s .
- Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with experience in medical education and/or research coordination .
Desired: Master's Degree.
- At least 5 years ' experience working with students, faculty, physicians and/or administration in a healthcare, or higher education academic environment.
- Experience in event planning .
- Extensive experience with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, project management, and personnel management software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of strong organizational skills including management of timelines, events , and b udgets .
- D emonstrate d ability to meet deadlines and to handle multiple tasks assigned .
The Program Administrator reports directly to the Director of the Program for Medical Student Research and to the Impact Course Director. The a dministrator assists with coordination, implementation, and management of the new Impact Course by helping with curriculum and assessment development, recruiting, training, assisting, and interfacing with a large cohort of impact project mentors. The a dministrator also creates, monitors, and updates a mentor database, tracks student-mentor pairings, and oversees timely completion of mentor-mentee compacts and student evaluations. The administrator provides a consistent onsite presence to meet with students and mentors, help students identify mentors, and trouble shoots mentor-student relationships. The administrator assists the directors with management of the budget and program that competitively distributes funding for summer research , year - long research , and other scholarly programs. The administrator plans and oversees research symposia and W orks - in - P rogress " during the summer and a final Impact Day that celebrates student projects and mentor engagement. The administrator oversees the efforts of the administrative assistant who supports the Impact Course and Program for Medical Student Research.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine prepares physicians who will excel in both the science and the art of medicine. The M.D. Program supports the overaching mission and goals of Einstein (http://einsteinmed.org/about/) . Our founding mandate has been to combine the pursuit of scientific excellence with the social mission to improve human health through engagement in our local, national, and global communities.
Einstein's dynamic curriculum offers its students the ability to combine a solid foundation in the biomedical and population health sciences and rigorous, hands-on clinical training with the flexibility to pursue their interests in research and to meet the healthcare needs of underserved populations in the Bronx, the greater New York metropolitan area, and beyond. Einstein attracts a diverse student body and provides a collegial and collaborative environment that fosters our students' growth as future clinicians, educators, physician scientists, and leaders in the field.
Ours is the only institution in the world to which Albert Einstein agreed to give his name. In addition to his stature as a scientist, Einstein's moral and compassionate views on human affairs place him clearly in the camp of philosopher and humanist as well as scientist. Our students and faculty - indeed, all members of our community - continue to honor his legacy. Our graduates are committed to providing exceptional and compassionate clinical care as well as to the lifelong pursuit of biomedical knowledge that will improve the standard of medical care for all. !(https://analytics.click2apply.net/v/ADarzrsJVkkrFQZBcG6YK)