SUNY Maritime College Waterfront Assistant(s) - SUNY Maritime College in Bronx, New York
**SUNY Maritime College**
**Location:** Bronx, NY **Category:** Administrative & Professional **Posted On:** Tue Dec 28 2021 **Job Description:**
SUNY Maritime College, located in Throggs Neck (Bronx), New York, is looking for hard-working, responsible and motivated individuals to assist in fleet and facility maintenance in support of our Maritime Waterfront Adventure Camp. In addition, the Waterfront Assistant will support camp staff with aquatic activities such as: sailing, powerboating, marine environmental science, paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing, swimming, SCUBA diving and other waterfront activities and adventures.
- Help maintain the waterfront as an organized, safe and fun environment for all
- Support waterfront operations including:
1. Facilities maintenance (i.e. cleaning, painting)
2. Facilities operation (i.e. maintaining inventory of equipment, safety, organization)
3. Boat maintenance & repair (i.e. cleaning, fiberglass work, engine work)
4. Sailing, powerboating, kayaking, SUP instruction
- Assist with the set-up, operation, supervision and instruction of activities, regattas and other events
- Ensure a safe, fun learning environment for campers during on-and-off-the-water activities
- Experience working around the water, such as at a marina or yacht club
- Superior powerboat and/or sailing ability
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to achieve before camp starts
- Must meet the physical/medical standards specified in the special notes section of Article 48:17 (c) of the New York City Department of Health code: All staff, including volunteers and kitchen and maintenance staff, must have had a medical examination dated within 2 years of working with the camp, indicating that they are physically able to perform their camp duties. The Department may require testing for tuberculosis at any time of any staff or volunteer when such testing is deemed necessary for epidemiological investigation.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- US POWERBOATING Safe Powerboat Handling Certification (Instructor level preferred)
- USCG Launch Tender License or higher
- Waterfront Lifeguard and/or Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Experience fishing
- $600.00 - $800.00 / week; lunch included
- Possible dorm room housing available
- 1 - week Training & Orientation, June 20 - 24; followed by three 2 - weeks camp sessions, June 27- August 5, and two cleanup days August 8 & 9
- Will be required to work one Saturday, date TBD, at "Boogie Down at the Sound" event.
**NOTE:** We are continuously monitoring ongoing developments with the novel Coronavirus COVID-19. Updates regarding Waterfront Summer Camp 2022 will be communicated as information becomes available. COVID-19 protocols are, and will be both adhered to and enforced. Please note that Program is contingent upon favorable governing pandemic procedures and guidance.
**Budget Title:** Technical Specialist (CSL)
**Local Title:** Camp Waterfront Assistant
**Line \#'s:** Various
For those desiring additional information, please contact the Waterfront at
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see:
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
SUNY Maritime is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning and working environment.
Pursuant to [Executive Order 161](https://goer.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2018/07/eo-161.pdf), no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at
. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at [www.sunymaritime.edu/university-police](http://www.sunymaritime.edu/university-police)