The New York Foundling Youth & Family Specialist - AHEI/CAPP (Bronx | 40 hrs/week | Full Time) in Bronx, New York
Bronx, NY, USA
The Youth and Family Specialist will implement multi-dimensional educational, vocational, economic and recreational opportunities for youth in New York Foundling child welfare programs on multiple health and developmental related topics that introduce them to new situations, ideas, people and challenge them to learn new skills.
- Provide service to all eligible youth, in collaboration with the youth’s case planner, child welfare staff and/or families, individual and group formalized instruction in Independent Living Skills with a strong focus on health and wellness topics, interpersonal skills, vocational training and money management.
- In preparation for discharge from care, provide youth with resource information and assistance in locating appropriate and stable housing.
- Provide to all eligible youth vocational training either directly or through referral to a structured program
- Provide assistance in selection and admission into the most appropriate educational setting.
- Assist eligible youth in locating, maintaining, and preparing for a job
- Develop contacts with outside consultant/trainers providing job readiness services, career counseling, academic tutoring, and IL related workshops. Research, develop and organize information on resource programs and services related to Independent Living.
- Document all required service related contacts with youth. Maintain attendance records and participation reports on youth involvement in IL services
- Participate in dispositional and FTC conferences, including the six month discharge meetings, treatment team rounds, and clinical meetings
- Assist with the coordination of the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP)
- Participate in IL projects, conferences, events, meetings, and supervision
- Attend trainings and conferences for professional growth.
- Assist youth in scheduling and maintaining appointments to plan for their future in an environment that is safe and supported.
- Coordinate and arrange recreational activities for program youth
- Complete job related tasks as needed
Bachelor's Level Degree or better in Social Work or related field.
Posted: January 13, 2021