St Francis College Administrative Assistant and Programming Specialist, SFC International in Brooklyn Heights, New York
Administrative Assistant and Programming Specialist
St. Francis College, Brooklyn (the “College” or “SFC”) is embarking on an ambitious plan to revitalize the College even as it remains true to its core mission: private, independent, co-educational, urban college whose Franciscan and Catholic traditions underpin its commitment to academic excellence, spiritual and moral values, social responsibility, and life-long learning. As a College rooted in a commitment to radical hospitality, to character formation, to inter-faith dialogue, to creating conditions so that students will learn the technical skills necessary to navigate a 21st Century workplace while never losing sight of the importance of ensuring that all students learn to cultivate their humanity, the College is expanding its offerings, its services and the ways it engages in and beyond its campus. In short, it is an exciting time to join the St. Francis College Community.
One of SFC’s new and exciting initiatives is a comprehensive internationalization strategy that is engaging the whole campus to plan and establish “SFC International” as a physical hub of everything international at St. Francis. SFC International provides comprehensive services to international students and scholars, supports faculty international efforts for education abroad and at SFC, develops innovative international programming, and works in close collaboration with the College’s Office of Marketing and Communications to effectively brand and globally market SFC.
Job Summary: Reporting primarily to the Vice President of Internationalization and Strategic Initiatives (“Vice President”), with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Manager of SFC International (“Manager”), the Administrative Assistant/Programming Specialist is passionate about the College and its mission and is an integral part of the SFC International team, responsible for key administrative and programming support for a multitude of tasks and activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan and manage the Vice President’s calendar of meetings, events, activities, conference calls, and travel arrangements. Attend meetings and calls if asked, take minutes, and issue recap reports if needed. Send correspondence as requested.
• Greet visitors to SFC International, answer questions, provide information, and schedule follow-ups as deemed necessary.
• Organize and maintain files, MOUs, agreements, reports, and email correspondence.
• Assist the Vice President and the Manager in follow-ups with various constituencies internally and externally, especially with international partners.
• Assist the Vice President and the Manager with budgetary matters, prepare and process expense reports, purchase orders, payment vouchers and reimbursements.
• Assist the Manager with data collection, management, and reporting.
• Maintain a welcoming and nurturing environment in SFC International for international students and help the Manager in monitoring their progress and developing interventions if necessary.
• Assist the Manager and the International Student Advisor with maintaining consistent communication with international students.
• Assist in the supervision of student aides.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Assist with various arrangements for short-term summer programming for international high school and college students.
• Provide the Director of International Study, Study Abroad Faculty Coordinators, and other Faculty Coordinators under the umbrella of SFC International with operational support.
• Provide interested students with information on international programming (various study/internship abroad opportunities, Global Citizenship Alliance Seminar in Salzburg, National Model UN, etc.). Assist them in applying for such opportunities, help with logistical arrangements, and organize campus debriefings on their global learning to the College community when they return.
• Assist with planning and execution of orientations for international students, civic and global engagement programs and activities, and special events.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Assist the Manager and the International Student Advisor as they closely collaborate with the College’s Enrollment Management area and its Communications and Marketing area in developing, maintaining, and updating SFC International’s website.
• Working closely with Communications and Marketing, assist in designing flyers, posters, plasma TV slides and other advertising material for various programs, events and activities for SFC International and affiliated Faculty Coordinators.
• Create flyers, posters, plasma TV slides and other advertising material for various programs, events and activities for SFC International and affiliated Faculty Coordinators utilizing the templates provided by the Office of Marketing and Communications and submit for the Office’s review as necessary.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of three years of related work experience in administrative functions, operational support, and programming.
• Experience providing various elements of organizational marketing support.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Expertly organized and highly disciplined in follow-ups.
• Culturally sensitive, caring and friendly with a deep understanding and appreciation of an inclusive multi-cultural college community and the Franciscan traditions of St. Francis College.
• An appreciation of working in an inclusive, engaging and diverse college environment.
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
• Technologically literate and knowledgeable about key software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, international programming.
• Prior experience in working with college students and faculty.
• Knowledge of foreign languages.
• Knowledge of Salesforce.
St. Francis College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion on our campus and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty, staff, students, and the curriculum. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are therefore encouraged to apply.