St Francis College Assistant Athletic Trainer (Part-time) in Brooklyn Heights, New York
Position: Assistant Athletic Trainer (Part-time)
Reports to: Head Athletic Trainer
Job Summary: On a part-time basis, provide training, treatment and rehabilitation services necessary for the prevention and treatment of athletics injuries for assigned teams on behalf of St. Francis College (“College”). Primary responsibility is to provide athletic training services in-house to student-athletes of the College; occasional travel with sports teams is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with the full-time athletic training staff, ensure that the athletic facilities are always covered during times of home athletic events and team practice sessions.
• Assist in providing treatment to the College’s student-athletes in the athletic training facilities as needed.
• Occasional travel with the College’s teams to serve as the athletic training representative at away-from-home contests. A majority of the travel will take place during the fall athletic season (August through December), due to the seasonal distribution of contact sports which require an athletic training professional in attendance.
• Assist the athletic training staff by logging all treatments, injuries, including but not limited to, possible concussions, in the athletic training office’s online system.
• Assist in the coordination of team physical examinations with the College’s Team Physician(s).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• A current Athletic Training Certification (“ATC”) is required and must be maintained at all times.
• Certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED usage.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and flexible work environment.
• Ability to handle medical emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Commitment to confidentiality according to HIPAA protocols
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, performing all duties in compliance with institutional, conference and NCAA regulations
• Commitment to working with multicultural populations.
• Culturally sensitive, caring and friendly with a deep understanding and appreciation of a multi-cultural college community and the Franciscan traditions of St. Francis College.
St. Francis College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and we are strongly committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty, students, and the curriculum. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.