SCO Family of Services After-School Site Director in Brooklyn, New York
The Site Director manages the day-to-day operations of their specific site location; and is responsible for establishing an engaging, academically challenging and enriching Out-of-School Time (OST) program infused with fine and performing arts education and aligned with NYS Learning Standards.
- Coordinate program(s) at specified site location, Monday-Friday from 3pm-6pm and during school closing days including summer.
- Provide and maintain materials and resources for the OST program.
- Coordinate special events in collaboration with the Education Specialist. Facilitate and maintain working relationships with schools and offsite staff. Devise and execute recruitment and retention strategies in coordination with stakeholders and other agency-wide programs to ensure maximum number of children is being served.
- Provide support to line-staff through scheduled supervision and staff evaluations. Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure that quality programming is being executed at all times. Supervise and support onsite part-time staff in day to day tasks. Facilitate trainings and conduct observations of on-site part time staff. Interview candidates for open positions.
- Provide crisis intervention with onsite participants and make referrals when necessary. Maintain, collect, report and analyze data as required by the agency and funders (DYCD, ETO Software).
- Maintain documentation and confidential files as required by the agency, DOE, DOH, DYCD. Generate monthly reports in a timely fashion.
- Actively participate in department-wide meetings and staff trainings.
- Represent the agency in meetings with outside organizations and in various venues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
_RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS_
- Works closely with site based staff to provide services to participants and their families.
- Has direct and consistent contact with participants and parents.
- Works in collaboration with School Support Staff to provide services to participants.
- Agency liaison for participants, parents and host school administration.
- Make contact with various vendors, other agencies and community programs.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Bachelor’s Degree (Elementary Education, Child Development, or related field).
- Minimum two years direct experience working with children under the age of 13 years.
- Minimum one year in a supervisory capacity (after-school or related field).
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience in curriculum development.
- Strong knowledge of child development and enrichment programming important.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet expected timelines.
- Must be willing to travel locally.
- Previous experience working in an arts-related environment is a plus.
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately. **
Title: After-School Site Director
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Bedford-Stuyvesant
Requisition ID: 41509