Soho House & Co. Busser - Seasonal - Dumbo House in Brooklyn, New York
This seasonal position will be responsible for assisting the servers in providing quality service to all guests who come to Soho House. Supporting the management team as needed.
• Setting up tables with the appropriate items in there specific place (ketchup, salt pepper, HP and sugar bowl).
• Making sure all stations are fully stocked and ready for service – maintain stations fully during service.
• Setting up candles on the tables.
• Detailing all tables before the start of service to ensure place settings are neat and organized.
• Delivering bread and water to all tables in their assigned section, assisting other section when necessary.
• Making sure the bread warmer is always organized and full.
• Clearing tables between each course.
• Clearing and re-setting tables for new guests.
• Completing assigned side work before and after service (see side work sheets for details).
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
• Basic verbal communication skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
• Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
• Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
• Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
• Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days