Soho House & Co. Busser (Seasonal) - Dumbo House in Brooklyn, New York
Who we are…
Soho House is a collection of member-only clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. We provide a space for our diverse membership base to connect, grow, have fun and make impact. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, and plans to open additional locations globally.
This position will be responsible for assisting the servers in providing quality service to all guests who come to Soho House. Supporting the management team as needed.
• Setting up tables with the appropriate items in there specific place (ketchup, salt pepper, HP and sugar bowl).
• Making sure all stations are fully stocked and ready for service – maintain stations fully during service.
• Setting up candles on the tables.
• Detailing all tables before the start of service to ensure place settings are neat and organized.
• Delivering bread and water to all tables in their assigned section, assisting other section when necessary.
• Making sure the bread warmer is always organized and full.
• Clearing tables between each course.
• Clearing and re-setting tables for new guests.
• Completing assigned side work before and after service (see side work sheets for details).
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
• Basic verbal communication skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
• Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
• Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
• Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
• Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
We have perks...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. We pride ourselves on our training to development options for the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow a career.
Medical, Dental, Vision Health Care Coverage
Soho House Membership
401K with a company match
Paid Time Off (Sick Days + Vacation Days)
Brand Discounts at Cowshed Spa, Soho Home & Restaurants
Parental Leave (12-26 weeks, pending tenure)
Soho Impact: Making positive change through mentoring, apprenticeship, outreach & sustainability
Learning & Development: An extensive range of courses are available for all
Cookhouse & House Tonic: Business Focused trips, trainings, and events available for all
Team Events: Events to build relationships at work (Fitness class, Cinema Screenings and more)
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach with recruitment. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to hire, develop, and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, or anyone else that could bring diverse perspective to our business.