RiseBoro Case Manager, Homebase Program (Temp) in Brooklyn, New York
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance and referrals to all adult students who are in need of services.
- Make appropriate referrals for participants when they are in need of service such as education related services, health services, legal services, family counseling, housing information etc.
- Reach out to the community in order to update the programs Referral Resource Guide. Make follow up phone calls as needed.
- Arrange workshops by different community organizations or programs that are relevant and beneficial for
- Conduct one on one counseling sessions with each program participant at least once per month; as well as conducting group counseling sessions.
- Complete the Action Plan with students to clearly outline and track educational goals and support services provided.
- Enter all counseling and progress notes in student files on a consistent basis.
- Closely monitor program participants academic progress.
- Conduct initial service plan with the participant and update the plan as needed in order to meet academic goals and objectives.
- Organize community service events for program participants.
- Work closely with Program Coordinator and participants to ensure students are attending program and
attending on time.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the summer and school year enrollment process.
- Along with Program Coordinator, ensures necessary documents are submitted for students files.
- Provide overall support and assistance to the program.
- Maintain constant communication with the Program Coordinator
- Complet tasks deemed necessary by the Program Coordinator
- Preferable for candidate to possess a Bachelor's degree or an Associate's degree in a related field
- Preferable for candidate to have at least two years experience in providing support services to adults
- Strong organization, communication and writing skills.
TO APPLY: Please attend the
Brooklyn Job Fair
Department of Labor
250 Schermerhorn Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Bring I.D. & 15 copies of your resume and please try to arrive by 9:30 a.m. to avoid a long line.)