SCO Family of Services Center for Family Life - Literacy Specialist @ PS94 in Brooklyn, New York
CENTER FOR FAMILY LIFE, a nationally-recognized social service program in Sunset Park Brooklyn,seeks a flexible, creative, motivated team member to join our staff of professional artists, social workers and young adult youth workers in a community-based after-school and summer camp program at PS 94 in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and implement literacy based activities for participants in kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Create activities that promote teamwork, communication, and experimentation in large and small group settings.
- Prepare and print up-to-date lesson plans for each activity.
- Create interactive, hands-on activities to keep participants engaged in an after-school and summer camp setting.
- Utilize group-management skills to facilitate educational activities in a non-traditional classroom setting.
- Help design and implement special events, staff development, and other community building activities.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Karla Herrera @Kherrera@sco.org
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Education/Degree: BA minimum
- Strong Literacy and Youth Development background
- Skills working with elementary school-aged participants and engaging them in critical thinking through engaging activities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills,
- Flexibility and ability to work well as a member of a team of different disciplines
- (artists, social workers, teachers, young adult staff).
- Bilingual English/Mandarin/Cantonese or English/Spanish preferred Part Time position with benefits (25 – 30 hrs/wk school year; and 34 hrs/wk in summer). Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Individual supervision and ongoing professional development opportunities are provided.
Title: Center for Family Life - Literacy Specialist @ PS94
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Requisition ID: 39572